High School Pastor at CrossWinds Church
Livermore, CA 94551
About the job
The High School Pastor is responsible for leading high school students and partnering with their parents to foster long term spiritual growth. This position requires close collaboration with other departments at the church, especially Middle School Ministry and Spiritual Formation/Small Groups. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who is creative, high energy, and passionate about seeing high school students know, love, and reflect Jesus.
- Make it FUN
- Build COMMUNITY / Nurture FRIENDSHIPS
- Creatively develop a BIBLICAL FOUNDATION
- Provide opportunities for TRANSFORMATION
- Partner with PARENTS
- Recruit and train a diverse team of volunteers.
- Create and highlight ways for high school students to connect with the life of the church as a whole, beyond high school ministry, in order to build a foundation for a lifelong faith.
- Provide weekly teaching that creatively helps students know, love, and reflect Jesus.
- Find ways to involve Sunday morning High School students in small groups and mid-week High School students in Sunday mornings.
- Build intentionally loving relationships with high schoolers and their friends during the week (beyond the walls of the church).
- Maintain an intentional relationship with graduated students in order to launch them (and their faith) well into post-high school life.
- Create, maintain, and communicate up-to-date information about High School Ministry (events, vision, etc.).
- Offer regular events for high school students to connect in a fun and meaningful environment.
- Offer 2 annual retreats for high school students (winter and summer).
- Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, funerals, serving on the leadership team, pastor-on-call, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
- Ensure ministries adhere to the annual budget.
Strive to live out the CrossWinds Church Values, keeping Jesus at the center of your life and ministry.
Conduct yourself with Radical Candor (offer timely, direct feedback to others; if you’ve got an issue with someone, go straight to that person).
Fill the gap with trust.
Skills Needed to Succeed
A growth mindset
Creativity, passion, and high energy
Clear and consistent communication
CrossWinds Church has been and will continue to follow the guidance of the County and the CDC in order to ensure a safe workplace for our employees and a safe gathering space for our church community.