About the job
Name: CrossWalk Church
Location: Williamsburg, Virginia
Type: Full Time
Position: Business Administrator
Salary: Based on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Retirement (403b), Holiday and Personal Time Off
Reports to: Lead Pastor
· Full-time, exempt, 40 hours per week, Sundays through Thursdays
· CrossWalk is seeking a full-time Business Administrator for an exciting and challenging opportunity to build God’s Kingdom in a beautiful location in southeastern Virginia.
· The Business Administrator will provide professional leadership and oversight to the general administrative functions of the church, including finances, human resources, facilities, events, and stewardship development.
· The Business Administrator will be in alignment with the church’s mission, vision, values, and goals.
· Responsible for the financial and business matters of the Church, manages the Assistant Finance Manager and Facilities team (2).
· Works closely with the Executive Leadership Team, Advisor Team, Board of Directors and oversees corporate issues as required. The Business Administrator is the primary staff liaison to the church’s vendors including contract management and approvals plus events contractual issues.
· Responsible for updating the Policy and Procedure Handbook.
· Responsible for CrossWalk’s financial and facility operations, including but not limited to accounting operations, preparation of financial statements, facilitating the annual financial review process, meeting internal reporting requirements, conducting accounts reconciliation, and ensuring timely and accurate payroll and accounts payable processing, annual giving statements to donors.
· Oversee church accounting dataset in QuickBooks.
· Prepare timely, accurate financial statements and reports for the Advisor and Executive Leadership Teams as requested.
· Oversee reconciliation of bank accounts, credit card statements, and all internal accounts monthly.
· Oversee the preparation and reconciliation of monthly payroll activity, including employee and church benefit plan contributions, generate year-end reports, and complete federal and state tax related requirements
· Analyze church cash flows and prepare reports for the Advisor Team.
· Provide recommendations to the Executive Leadership Team based on analysis and status of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
· Direct, coordinate, and manage internal and external financial reviews to ensure compliance with GAAP and CrossWalk Financial Policies.
· Develop and maintain church accounting policies and procedures.
· Oversee weekly counting activities, deposits of offerings.
· Create and manage the annual budget preparation and planning process with the Lead Pastor, Executive Leadership Team, and Advisors Team.
· Ensures the maintenance and security of records, including compliance with relevant records system requirements and records retention policies.
· Work with Executive Leadership Team to create strategic plans related to finances of the church to maximize ministry goals.
· Ensures facility equipment is kept in good working conditions
A passionate disciple of Jesus Christ who is committed to the mission, vision, and values of the church.
5-10 years of responsible management and financial experience (preparation of financial statements, payroll, bookkeeping, etc.), preferably in a church or nonprofit environment.
Bachelors’ degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or other relevant area preferred.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel; QuickBooks accounting software; Data Base management (Planning Center), and Google docs.
Strong analytical skills.
Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
Experience with employee retirement and benefit plans.
Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
A commitment both to continuing personal development, self-care, and maintaining wholeness as a person.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1846