Worship Leader at Crossroads Covenant Church
5353 Concord Blvd, Concord, Ca 94519
About the job
Position: Worship Leader
Status: part-time (10-15 hours/week)
Compensation: $300-500/week based upon experience
Duration: month-to month contract
Reports to: Lead Pastor
The Worship Leader is a passionate Christ-follower who leads our church in worship that drives us deeper to the heart of God and creates an atmosphere for the Word of God that is proclaimed. They are a faithful team builder who can develop their team, plan and follow through on details and communicate with team members, staff and our church family. They ascribe to the values and teachings of Crossroads Covenant Church and desire to reach the next generation. They are a teachable follower of Jesus, growing in their faith, their gifting and their leadership skills.
General Ministry Responsibilities:
· Lead God’s people to worship through music by planning a comprehensive music ministry, musicians, and vocalists or vocal ensembles.
· Oversee the Worship Team and Sunday Service Flow
o Pick, Prepare, and distribute music for the musicians and vocalists
(including flow, arrangement, key)
o Scheduling of musicians and vocalist
o Prepare and practice with musicians and vocalists for Sunday worship sets
o Provide worship for approved all-church or large group events
o Enter songs into Planning Center
o Work with the technical team on correct slides for congregation.
· Attend Meetings and Services
o Weekly worship practices (Thursday 6:30pm-8:00pm, Sunday 9:00am-10:30am) and Worship Services (Sunday 11:00am)
o Monthly leadership meeting
o Monthly worship planning meeting
Pastoral Team (as time permits)
· Communicate weekly with the Lead Pastor regarding message texts & themes.
· Coordinate efforts of guest worship leaders and/or musicians
· Discuss and help to form future sermon series
· Discuss and strategize vision with pastor for the future of the church
Weekly staff meetings and Sunday mornings are required. You have flexibility with your weekly hours. Attend all-church Events & Outreach Activities