About the job
Crossroads Counseling is a thriving and growing private practice Relationship Center in the Valley of the Sun. Crossroads Counseling is looking for qualified licensed therapists (LAC, LPC, LAMFT, LMFT, and LCSW’s) with a minimum of 1-2 years work experience in the field of counseling and mental health to join our team 2-5 days a week (part-time or full-time) in our North Phoenix-Anthem, Biltmore-Arcadia, and Scottsdale locations.
Our ideal applicant has experience providing Emotionally Focused Couple's Therapy and EMDR to couples, children, teens, & or adults with relationship problems and anxiety, depression, and trauma. Possessing solid understanding of these methods (or strong willingness & commitment to learn) is required.
- Provides individual, marital, family, and group counseling services to adults, couples, children, and teens in order to assist clients to identify personal and interactive problems, and to help clients achieve effective personal, marital, and family development adjustment.
- Training and orientation in Systems Theory, Attachment Theory, Gestalt/Experiential, Client-Centered, and Emotionally Focused Couple’s Therapy, and EMDR is a plus. If the candidate does not have training/orientation in these modalities or does not share these theoretical orientations an openness to further training is required.
- Works well in a team and is open to case consultation, collaboration, supervision, training, feedback, exchanging resources or techniques, and sharing information.
- Supports Crossroads Counseling mission, vision, and core values.
- Invests in their own growth (spiritual, personal, relational, professional, etc.) and the growth of Crossroads Counseling and its team of therapists. The applicant will also be invested in the growth process of the Crossroad’s Counseling clients he/she serves.
- Self-motivated and driven to promote their services and the services of Crossroads Counseling through on-going and active marketing.
- Complies with all requirements as defined by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners and by the Code of Ethics set forth by the applicant’s regulating and licensing boards.
- Crossroads Counseling and the LAC/LAMFT agree to direct and clinical supervision per AZBBHE Rules & Regulations pursuant to R4-6-211 and R4-6-212:
- Supervision is required and integral to the job description. The LAC/LAMFT shall request and receive supervision. The counselor is responsible for participating in the supervision process. Supervision will focus on topics relevant to the counseling process.
- The Client: Intake/Assessment, Dual diagnosis, Challenging diagnosis, Confidentiality, Consent for treatment, Differential diagnosis, DSM-IV, Intervention methods, Legal/BBHE, Advocacy, Scope of practice, Treatment plan
- The Counselor: Accountability role, Knowledge base, Self-care, Counter-transference, Ethics, Population training, Practice skills, Professional boundaries, Resources of learning, Skill set, Thinking skills, Unprofessional deduct.
- The Agency: Adherence to policy, Adherence to procedures, Client records, Documentation, Financial records/billing, Group process, Paperwork, Policy/procedure, Records, Reports, Session tracking, Support/encouragement