Executive Pastor at Crossroads Church
About the job
Position overview: The Executive Pastor shall oversee and provide consistory governance support, give oversight
to church financial matters, and ensure efficient operation of all office functions. The XP shall oversee and
provide spiritual leadership to the congregation and assist the Lead Pastor in carrying out daily service practices
of Crossroads Church and its purpose and mission. (Matthew 22:37-39; 28:19-20; Ephesians 4:11-16; 1 Timothy
3:1-13; 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Must be a growing Christian, deepening his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ and modeling this to
others. (Matthew 22:37-39; 28:19-20; Romans 12:9-18).
- Agree with and is willing to abide by and perform all job responsibilities in accordance with Crossroads
purpose, values and Statement of Faith. (I Corinthians 12:12)
- Advanced computer competence and experience with MS office.
- Able to accept direction, take initiative, and be a ministry team player.
- Ministry degree and/or 2 years experience in related fields, preferred.
- Experience in general business, management and finance.
- Ability to speak in front of groups; ability to travel for visitation and conferences/training. Able to lift up to
- Helpful gifts and skills: administration, organizational leadership, financial budgeting, teaching, creativity.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in life of the church events and religious practices (funerals, weddings, communion,
baptisms, care visits, counseling, etc.). (Ephesians 4:11-16)
- Understand and implement Crossroads’ purpose, mission and vision in the staff and congregation
- Work with Lead Pastor, Treasurer and CPA on all financial matters.
? Interview, supervise, train, motivate and provide management to staff and volunteers.
- Complete all human resource activities.
- Properly maintain computer systems, including programs, storage and backups.
- Ensure proper management of church permanent records through church management software.
- Review equipment needs and negotiate contracts.
- Oversee a ministry area based on gifting, strengths, and experience.
- Work in cooperation with and maintain good relationships with Crossroads’ staff, leadership, volunteers,
- Report directly to the Lead Pastor.
- Work with the Treasurer, CPA, and Consistory through the Lead Pastor.
- Supervise staff as directed by the Lead Pastor.
Time and compensation:
- This position is at-will and compensation will be based on experience, competency, and responsibility.
- Benefit information is available on request, or will be available when an employment offer is made.
- Resignation is requested in writing to their supervisor at least four weeks prior to the date of effectiveness.