About the job
Job Description (Full Time)
At CrossPoint, we lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus because lives and families are at stake. So, we are looking for leaders who laugh with and enjoy people, who immerse youth and their families in the love of Christ, and who always bring their best because our mission is too important to settle for anything less!
The purpose of this position is to lead the youth of CrossPoint and the Hutchinson area into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Introducing CrossPoint & CPYouth
CrossPoint Church, located across from the local high school in Hutchinson (population of 14,000 people), has been used powerfully by God to reach several hundred people for Christ in the past five years. In 2021 our Sunday Gatherings averaged 285 people in-person and 236 online. We are affiliated with Converge. The CPYouth ministry focus is grades 6-12.
Our CPYouth Wednesdays averages 55 students (with 75 active participants). CPYouth Sunday School has around 25 students. Our youth ministry volunteer team has over 20 leaders.
Mission & Values
Our mission is to “lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.” The strategy to help people grow in relationship with Jesus is found in our four values.
At CrossPoint, we “gather” to know God through worship and God’s Word. We “grow” spiritually through Growth Groups. We “give” by serving others with Christ’s love and we “go” to share the gospel. Each value (gather, grow, give, go) offers unbelievers and believers the opportunity to take next steps of faith.
The Youth Pastor implements the CrossPoint vision and values in the youth ministry. Our youth ministry works alongside families to lead youth into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ; and to help parents to meet the challenges of parenting teens. We are looking for someone who can lead a dynamic and safe youth ministry that reaches and effectively disciples a diverse spectrum of youth and families both inside and outside of the congregation.
Candidate Qualities, Skills & Requirements
The candidate that we seek has:
1. A growing relationship with Jesus Christ observable in Christlike character (1 Timothy 3:1-7) and financial integrity; loves God and people and is passionate to reach the lost and to grow the youth ministry. Believer’s baptism and membership at CrossPoint are required.
2. Influence and vision with the ability to grow the CPYouth ministry.
3. Self-motivation that is evident in reaching out to people in the area and the church, able to independently complete projects, and seeks ministry wisdom through networking.
4. Demonstrated aptitude for planning, mobilizing, administrating, and leading ministry.
5. Demonstrated collaborative relationship in teamwork along with creativity and critical thinking.
6. Familiarity with and/or is comfortable learning various computer software programs and social media platforms like: MS Word Professional Suite, ProPresenter, standard website CMS, Adobe, Instagram, Facebook and more. Find CrossPoint online at www.cphutch.church
7. Preferably more than one of these education paths:
a. Bachelor’s degree in youth ministry, theology, or other faith related education.
b. Minimum of a six-month internship within a successful youth ministry program.
c. Experience volunteering in a youth ministry.
8. Healthy relationships and effective relationship skills in communication, conflict, and confidentiality with the ability to lead multiple teams. Respected by leaders, parents, youth, the congregation, and the community.
9. A genuine love for youth and a clear sense of calling to use one’s spiritual gifting and strengths in growing the youth ministry, family relationships, and the church.
1. Conduct weekly youth ministry gatherings (Sundays and Wednesdays).
2. Design and execute an overall vision for the CPYouth ministry, to advance the church’s vision and values.
3. Develop healthy, attractional, and safe environments (in-person and online) for CPYouth ministries.
4. Recruit, train, and equip a youth ministry team to effectively disciple students, develop student leaders, and equip students to be on mission for Christ in their spheres of influence.
5. Manage financials for CPYouth Ministries. This includes planning and executing annual budget, and reporting cash received and expenditures.
6. Maintain and report data for all youth ministry related information.
7. Ensure that all youth leaders and volunteers understand and comply with CrossPoint’s child protection policy; personally completes Ministry Safe training and has all youth volunteers also complete it.
8. Maintain positive relationships and address conflicts biblically and appropriately.
9. Evaluate and review CPYouth Ministries annually with the Senior Pastor.
10. Participate in weekly Staff meetings.
11. Represents CrossPoint in wider circles of ministry (Hutchinson Area Youth leaders, Converge North Central) and grows in expertise through educational opportunities.
12. Build relationships with unchurched students in Hutchinson and area communities through school and youth activities.
13. Attends weekly worship services and participates in the life of the church body through Growth Groups and events.
14. Builds a collaborative relationship with CrossPoint Staff to achieve the vision of the church. This involves cross-serving in other ministries, at times.
15. Duties may be modified based on individual gifting and the needs of the church as directed by the Senior Pastor.
Compensation & Target Date for Hire
This is a full-time position and salary will account for education and experience. Our aim is to hire the next youth pastor by the Summer of 2022 (preferably by June 30).
How to Apply We are accepting applications through the P3 process. Register as a “P3 Next” candidate at https://convergep3.org/pastors/ and click on “Register”. Have questions? Contact Mandy Johnson at Mandy@ConvergeP3.com or 651-633-0560. Want to connect with a CrossPoint person? Email Rick (Senior Pastor) at Rick@cphutch.church or Matt (Interim Youth Pastor) at Matt@cphutch.church or call 320.587.2668.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2140