About the job
We are looking for a full-time Kids Ministry Director who loves and enjoys kids and their parents, who can’t wait to strategically develop ways to see kids in our area know and follow Jesus, who has a vision for mentoring and equipping others to do the work of the ministry, and who is as fun-loving as they are hard-working to join a talented and energetic staff. If that’s you, apply!
To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus. Discipling children and equipping parents are critical aspects to the fulfillment of this mission.
The Kids Ministry Director will provide point leadership for the ministry to children (nursery-5th grade) and their parents.
Snapshot of CrossPoint & CPKids
CrossPoint is in Hutchinson, Minnesota (population of 14,500 and 50 minutes west of the Twin Cities) and has an in-person weekly average of 375 people with another 155 IP addresses weekly joining us online. We have reached several hundred people for Christ in the past five years. We are affiliated with Converge.
The CPKids ministry is currently led by a team of volunteers and has an average of 45 kids attending our CPKids Sunday Mornings and 25 attending our CPKids GROW midweek program. Last Summer, our Mega Sports Camp had 177 kids in attendance with 30 kids accepting Christ. We are currently using Orange Curriculum for our Sunday Morning ministry GROW curriculum for the midweek program.
The kids ministry is well-resourced with volunteers, budget, and attractive ministry spaces.
The Kids Ministry Director will develop and execute an overall strategy to minister to children and families at CrossPoint and in the community. This position involves prayer, planning, mobilizing, administrating, and leading a fun, safe, and Christ-centered children’s ministry that reaches and disciples a diverse spectrum of children and families.
Qualities, Skills, and Requirements
1. A growing personal relationship with Christ that demonstrates godly character (1 Timothy 3:1-7), positive relationships, and competence in necessary skills. Believer’s baptism and becoming a member at CrossPoint are required.
2. A genuine love for children and a calling to use one’s spiritual gifting and strengths in children’s ministry.
3. Demonstrated aptitude for planning, mobilizing, administrating, and leading ministry.
4. Excellent skills in communication, conflict, and confidentiality with the ability to lead multiple teams. Respected by leaders, parents, children, and the community.
5. Motivated to reach out to people in the area and church, able to independently complete projects, and values networking to grow in wisdom and competence as a leader.
6. Must be familiar with and/or comfortable learning various computer software programs like: Microsoft Professional Suite, ProPresenter, database software FellowshipOne, Canva, and Adobe Acrobat.
7. Must have at least one of these education paths:
a. Bachelor’s degree.
b. An internship within a children’s ministry program or camp.
c. Experience serving in a successful children’s ministry as a volunteer and leading groups and events.
1. Design and execute an overall vision for CPKids ministry in alignment with the church’s vision.
2. Organize and staff a fun, safe, and Christ-centered ministries for kids. The key time periods for children’s ministries are Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
3. Recruit, train, and equip volunteers to use their gifts to minister to kids and parents. Creating opportunities for children to serve in ministry is also valued.
4. Oversee and staff the nursery ministry (infant-2yrs old).
5. Oversee Mega Sports Camp in July, a week-long VBS/sports camp in the evening for kids.
6. Ensure that all CPKids leaders and volunteers know the child protection policies and comply with the safety requirements for ministry to kids.
7. Create and maintain clear, accurate, and attractional online communication and resources for parents and the kid’s ministry.
8. Manage financials for CPKids ministry, which includes an annual budget, cash received, and expenditures reporting.
9. Maintain and report key data for all kids ministries and events.
10. Attend weekly worship services and participate in the life of the church through Growth Groups and events.
11. Build a collaborative relationship with CrossPoint Staff to achieve the vision of the church. This involves cross-serving in other ministries at times.
12. Evaluate and review CPKids Ministries annually with the Senior Pastor.
13. Participate in weekly Staff meetings.
14. Duties may be modified based on the gifting of the children’s ministry director and the leadership needs within the church as directed by the Senior Pastor.
The salary range for this position is $45,000-50,000, depending on education and experience.
How to Apply
Email your resume to Pastor Matt Troyer at [email protected]
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3353