Lighting/Video Support at Cross Timbers Church
About the job
JOB TITLE: Lighting/Video Support
CLASSIFICATION: Flexible Part Time (FPT) (Not to exceed 29 hours per week)
MINISTRY: Worship & Production
MANAGER: Technical Production
GENERAL WORK WEEK: Sunday – Thursday
A mutually agreed upon schedule will be determined in conjunction with the new hire and manager. Generally anticipated hours will be 20 hours per week. Hours may vary but can never exceed 29 hours per week.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE:
The purpose of the Tech – Lighting/Video role is to provide support to the Church Ministries team. This role will be responsible for lighting operation for services, lighting programing, and video programing areas of technical support. All duties will be under the direction and supervision of the Pastor of Production and Worship.
Culture is critical to the success of Cross Timbers and its employees. We define our culture in this way. “The environment we create by how we work and how we work with each other”. We continually strive for a high output, happy and healthy team; H3. We invest in our staff to develop their skills, so they thrive in their roles as well as focusing on helping them to develop spiritually.
As a condition of employment with Cross Timbers, it is essential (required) that employees and their families become active participants in the life and ministry of CT. This includes regular attendance to services and finding a way to volunteer with a ministry not in the scope of this job.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in stage lighting, lighting for video, rigging, conventional and LED fixtures, moving lights, DMX, ArtNet, and sACN; experience or knowledge within video routing, switching, cameras, lenses, and networking is preferred.
Ability to program and operate GrandMA consoles is a must, including Mode 2 and 3, as well as on PC software
Willing and open to change, be flexible in a variety of situations
A team player giving and receiving input, willing to compromise & cooperate
Exhibit clear and effective verbal and non-verbal communications skills
Able to develop people and systems to optimize growth and effectiveness
Forward thinker who assumes responsibility and takes initiative
Must possess a genuine humility and work well in the context of a team
Clearance of a criminal background check
Assistance and support with lighting programming and potentially video programming
Possible assistance and support with various tech projects
The statements contained in the document are intended to describe the general nature of this role and level of work performed by employees in this role. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this role. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their Direct or Functional Manager.
· Full-Time Positions - There is a 40-hour weekly work expectation for all full-time employees.
· Full-time staff work weeks are categorized by position as Monday – Friday or Sunday–Thursday.
· Part-Time Positions - Part-time employees have varying hours depending upon the role but can never exceed 29 hours per work week. The actual number of hours per week is not guaranteed and may vary with the workload. Failure to adhere to the 29-hour rule is a violation of employment.
· The established work week is Sunday through Saturday for all payroll purposes including tracking part-time hours.
· Full-time and Regular part-time positions may be approved for a flex schedule which includes the potential 1-day remote working. Managers have discretion related to flexibility in conjunction with Cross Timber’s flex practice.
· Flexible part-time employees’ schedules and work locations are based upon the role and scope of responsibilities.
· A finalized schedule will be established with the Manager but typically falls within the general hours noted below.
o Monday-Friday role 8:30-5:00 Monday-Thursday 8:30-2:00 Friday
o Sunday-Thursday role 9:00-5:00 Monday-Thursday 7:00-1:00 Sundays (varies by role)
· A 1-hour lunch break is provided and required to be taken by an employee. The actual time of the lunch break is determined with the manager’s input.
· Employees must understand that ministry does not always fall within a normal schedule and working outside of that schedule can periodically include weekends, evenings and holidays for CT sponsored events that are essential (required). For full-time roles, additional hours outside the normal scope may be accommodated with comp time and/or a temporary adjustment to the normal schedule where indicated.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Position requires bending, stooping, and stretching to file, and occasional lifting of boxes weighing up to 25-50 pounds. Work is generally performed indoors but may involve limited exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job and the level of work performed by employees in this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their manager.
The employment relationship remains subject to the employment at will doctrine in the State of Texas, meaning either the employee or the employer may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice If you are in agreement with the above, please sign and return this document to Human Resources.
Learn More and Apply at Christian Career Center.