About the job
About Cross of Glory
Cross of Glory Baptist Church is located on the western edge of Hopkins, which is a first ring suburb west of downtown Minneapolis. First and foremost, we recognize Jesus Christ as the head of the church (cf. Ephesians 4:15). Cross of Glory believes scripture as the foremost authority on matters of personal faith, doctrine, church structure and order. We currently hold three Sunday morning worship services with approximately 230 regular members. The first service is a traditional service, featuring organ, piano and choir. The second service is a contemporary service, featuring several praise bands and contemporary music. The third service is Cruz de Gloria, our Hispanic service (delivered in Spanish by the associate pastor). Cross of Glory is expected to draw its future growth primarily from the communities of Hopkins, St. Louis Park, Minnetonka, Eden Prairie, and surrounding suburbs. Please see the Cross of Glory Baptist Church website at www.crossofglory.church for a detailed candidate profile, and listing and description of the various ministries. They include the following:
- Small Groups
- Women’s Ministries
- Men’s Ministries
- As Senior Pastor, he will fulfill the primary role of preaching, teaching, leadership and pastoral care for the congregation.
- He will oversee staff working with adult, youth and children’s ministries, music and Hispanic ministries.
- He will collaborate with and be accountable to our Leadership Team.
- He will provide pastoral care to the congregation involving personal counseling, weddings, baptisms, funerals, baby dedications, etc. and will disciple and guide our church in local outreach and missions.
- He will competently lead in team building and conflict resolution as needed.