Pastor for Family Ministry & Discipleship at Covenant Presbyterian Church
Reno, NV 89523
About the job
Covenant Presbyterian Church is seeking a Pastor for Family Ministry & Discipleship. This position provides pastoral, administrative and spiritual support to our family ministries, overseeing youth and children’s staff, and leads our small groups and discipleship programs integrating them into the life and community of Covenant. This position provide compassionate leadership to the overall planning, development, team-building, pastoral oversight, evaluation, and mission advancement of ministries aimed at growing our families, children and youth toward greater faithfulness in their faithfulness and fruitfulness in relationship to Jesus Christ our Lord. S/he also facilitates small group and other discipleship ministries helping our church family grow deeper in their understanding of, trust in and experience with our Living Lord:
- Develop and lead our church in a holistic (cradle-to-grave) strategy to draw people closer to the LORD.
- Together with Ministry Teams, develop Discipleship ministry, including vision, goals, and benchmarks
- Develop Small Group ministry as a primary avenue for the spiritual growth for members.
- Work with Ministry Teams to develop vision, goals, and benchmarks for the Small Group Ministry
- Evaluate and recommend curriculum for Small Groups
- Continually recruit, train, and empower Small Group leaders and equip them to disciple others.
- Actively lead all Children’s and Youth Ministries, participating and delegating as appropriate.
- Proactively manage and empower Family Ministries Staff (currently consists of Youth Leader, Interim Sunday School Director, Interim Kid’s Club Director, Nursery Lead)
Covenant Presbyterian Church
6695 Mae Anne Avenue
Reno, Nevada 89523