About the job
Youth Pastor Position
Job Posting (Fort Collins, Colorado)
Council Tree Covenant Church energetically pursues becoming more like Jesus and loving others like Jesus does. Now after 40 years together, the roughly 350 that call this church home continue to desire broader and more diverse connections to demonstrate God’s love for everyone. Central to our aspiration is that our students and our families have someone to lead them in how to live in the world like Jesus did.
Council Tree Covenant Church is seeking a full-time Youth Pastor to join its Next Generation Ministry staff team. Council Tree’s Next Gen model is a holistic and intergenerational approach to every ministry in the church. This approach focuses on partnering with families and the whole congregation to disciple our children and students into followers of Jesus.
We imagine this leader to be highly relational, an experienced developer of others who can guide along the same lines, and administratively gifted. We have a small but active youth group of 30 middle school and high school students who currently meet separately for an evening midweek. If working with youth is your passion and you have a creative vision for ministering to the Next Generation, please apply.
POSITION PURPOSE :
This person will have the opportunity to oversee and lead the student ministry, pastor our students to be fully devoted followers of Jesus, and unite with Jesus in the renewal of all things.
1 . LEAD AND DEVELOP VOLUNTEERS AND STUDENTS
- Build relationships with those who love students and desire to disciple students in their faith
- Continually equip and encourage volunteers to lead ministry teams and small groups through trainings, meetings and check-ins
- Challenge students to live and practice their faith at home, school, work, church through engaging biblical teaching and life application of the gospel
2 . CONNECT RELATIONALLY WITH STUDENTS AND FAMILIES
- Create an atmosphere of fun and belonging through midweek programs, in which emerging spiritual and leadership skills can be developed
- Participate in local school and community events that students are involved in for both middle and high school students
3 . ADMINISTRATION
- Manage all youth programs including midweek evenings, local service projects and mission experiences, camps, and special events
- Consistently communicate with parents and students through weekly emails, monthly website updates and a social media presence
- Oversee youth ministry budgets, safety procedures, and all other administrative necessities for simple and safe operating systems
4 . EQUIP AND EMPOWER FAMILIES AND THE LOCAL CONGREGATION
- Articulate the vision and purpose of Youth Ministry as a part of Next Gen ministries to the church body
- Understand and support faith formation in the home by providing resources and encouragement to families
5 . PARTICIPATE IN THE OVERALL LIFE OF COUNCIL TREE
- Personally participate in Council Tree activities and programs, building relationships with the larger body
- Encourage youth participation in the congregation, building a sense of belonging through community life and service
- Demonstrates problem-solving initiative, a collaborative leadership style, and understands ministry to be a team effort
- Relates well with a variety of people groups (church council, staff, parents and youth, congregation and community, and other ministry leaders/churches)
- Commitment to the local church and personal growth as a disciple of Christ
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
- Calling and passion to see students developed into fully devoted followers of Christ
- Alignment with Evangelical Covenant Church theology and practice of ministry (https:// covchurch.org/who-we-are/beliefs/) including the ordination of women
- Five years post high school graduation, and two years experience working with youth in a Christian environment
- Undergraduate or graduate degree, preferably in youth ministry or a related field
$43,000 annually with health and retirement benefits package
Beginning as soon as possible
Please send a cover letter that describes your fit for this role as well as a resume, three references, and relevant information.