About the job
To establish and maintain confidential caring relationships with owners, employees and their families and, with permission, share the life-changing good news of Jesus Christ in a non-threatening manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develop caring relationships with assigned employees by providing consistent physical rounds at the assigned locations
· Care for owners of assigned businesses
· Demonstrate the best practices of CCA Chaplaincy
· Contribute to Ministry growth and development
· Employee must have a valid Real ID or passport to be eligible to travel by commercial aircraft within the United States. [Note: The REAL ID requirements for domestic US air travel will start being enforced in 2021; a regular driver’s license will not be a sufficient form of identification to get on a commercial aircraft.]
· Driving is required, and Employee must have a valid driver’s license
· Employee’s ability to travel is a required component of this position; travel times may exceed 1-3 hours’ duration / etc.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Maintain and adhere to the CCA Chaplain Manual
· Provide 24/7 on-call support to assigned employees and owners
· Throughout CCA, promote the importance of consistent evangelism including the responsible sharing of the gospel and leading the lost to a salvation experience
· Strive to build and maintain clear two-way communication and trust throughout CCA and with companies served
· Maintain a ministry of presence with the client employees and owners assigned
· In case of extreme extenuating circumstances Chaplains will be expected to provide virtual chaplaincy to the client employees assigned
· Help grow CCA through the support of qualified lead generation and development support
· Display and promote a team player attitude with fellow chaplains and managers
· Comply with requests and direction from a senior CCA leader
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Possess language skills and cultural understanding and sensitively applicable to the employees served ensuring an ability to clearly communicate
· Clear understanding and conviction for CCA’s Why, How and What (Lk 10:27)
· Excel in all key areas of responsibility expected of a Chaplain
· Will be required to drive Privately Owned Vehicle (POV) between assigned locations
· Proof of valid and current automobile liability insurance
· Possess a computer, smart phone necessary for training and to document work-site activities
· Represent CCA ministry to other client companies when needed (crisis care situations)
· Able to strictly adhere to CCA’s confidentiality policy
· Able to build caring relationships with assigned company management personnel
· Encourages employees and family members who are grateful for chaplain ministry to send letters of appreciation to the executive leadership of their company
· Able to submit all monthly reports on time
· Regularly attends online or in person team meetings, training opportunities or other meetings called by CCA leadership
· Consistently monitor CCA provided email account for CCA information and requests
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of 7-10 years of full time actual workplace experience. A business degree can reduce this requirement. (Church work time does not count as workplace experience.)
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies from an accredited on-site college or university, Master of Divinity preferred.
· Required technology skills include ability to use a computer and software (such as Word & Excel), Internet, and cell phone.
· Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write presentations and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Denominational Ordination
· Appropriate State Driver’s License & insurance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minimal physical effort typically required, resulting in minimal exertion, however, may include standing for prolonged periods of time.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb stairs or balance.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Must have the ability to drive a vehicle and be a passenger in aircraft
· Working conditions may vary and may be in potentially extreme weather conditions
· May work around large equipment and noisy environments