Senior Interim Minister at Congregational Church of San Mateo
San Mateo, CA
About the job
The Interim Senior Minister is responsible for The Interim Senior Minister will:
• Design and deliver hybrid worship services on Sundays in partnership with the Associate Ministers & Music Staff and support the Wednesday evening services in Spanish, both of which offer inspired, scholarly, competent messages that foster the spiritual life of the community and equip them to live as Progressive Christians.
• Ensure good organizational functioning of the church as the leader of the church staff.
• Analyze the church’s goals, evaluate its various ministries, and offer strategic input for post
Pandemic restructuring and/or rebuilding of programs that have not fully revived.
• Participate in the pastoral care team, serve as a resource for church committees and ministries, and be available to officiate at baptisms, communions, weddings, and memorials upon request.
• Participate in Board of Directors meetings and engage with all church leaders, volunteers, members and staff to connect, inspire and encourage positive momentum for CCSM.
About The Congregational Church of San Mateo (CCSM):
CCSM’s vision is to be a strong voice for Progressive Christianity on the San Francisco Peninsula and beyond, to build a beloved community, and to lead in championing social and environmental justice for all. CCSM is an Open and Affirming (ONA) congregation. CCSM is a thriving church with about 600 members, two well established associate ministers, a Director of Operations, and other staff. We provide two services each week: a traditional, hybrid service on Sunday mornings in English organized and led by the Senior Minister and a mid-week service in Spanish organized and led by Rev. Jorge Bautista. Throughout its worship, ministries and programs, CCSM strives to advance its Guiding Principles, which provide detailed definitions of six components – “Spiritual,” “Christian,” “Open-Minded,” “Inclusive,” “Evolving,” and “God’s Hands, Feet and Face.” The CCSM community strives to understand, live our faith, and act upon it in community.