About the job
Payroll & Accounting Specialist
Reports To: Accounting Director
Category of Employment: Support, Full Time
Payroll Status: Salaried, Exempt
Office Hours: Minimum of 40 hours per week
The mission of Compassion Christian Church is to lead people to a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
To further the mission of Compassion Christian Church by providing accounting and payroll assistance as part of the Finance Department.
1. Experience: Must have a working knowledge of advanced accounting principles with a minimum of three (3) years experience in field.
2. Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in field.
3. Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Character and ability to maintain and protect confidentiality of private information. Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills. Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have a keen attention for detail. Must have multi-tasking abilities, and strong organizational skills. Must possess a friendly attitude and have a strong heart for service. Must be adept at recruiting, training, and activating volunteers to service. Computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required. Must be able to use a calculator with speed and accuracy.
4. Physical Demands:
a. May be called upon for lifting, pulling, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.
b. Operation of church vehicles.
Expectations & Conditions of Employment
1. Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
3. Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
4. Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
5. Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of CCC, including the CCC Statement of Faith.
6. Supports and adheres to the CCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
7. Must be an active, participating member of Compassion Christian Church or another Bible-believing church.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
1. General staff responsibilities:
· Coordinate administrative and organizational duties as needed including incoming and outgoing communications (calls, emails, scheduling, etc.)
· Participation in monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, as well as called departmental meetings, and other required staff events.
2. Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
· Carry out the objectives of the Vision & Strategy Team
· Model a collaborative team mindset
· Responsible for completing all functions of payroll including bi-weekly payroll, quarterly payroll tax returns, annual payroll requirements including W-2s, Workers’ Comp audits, all tasks necessary in regard to the 403(b) plan and the American Funds 403(b) from prior years; and assisting staff with payroll questions.
· Assist Accounting Director in monthly closing.
· Assist Accounting Director in the annual audit.
· Oversee online giving and event registrations.
· Provide general administrative assistance, to include: inquiries from financial contributors and church members regarding contribution and donations.
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.
Performance and Evaluation
Success in the position will be measured according to the performance assessment tool approved by the Lead Executive Pastor. Performance will be evaluated in relevant areas, including but not limited to: completion of ministry goals and individual tactics, communication, teamwork, leadership, creativity, responsibility, self motivation, attitude, and potential for growth.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1842