About the job
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Develop and lead the ministry to our youth that includes; Friday Night and Sunday programming, Confirmation Class, Youth Sunday Service, Summer events, Service opportunities and fellowship gatherings
• Build and maintain quality relationships with youth and their parents
• Organize and prepare regular fellowship connections with the Young Adults; helping them to feel welcomed and connected
• Involve students in the ministry of the church as a whole
• Set and oversee the youth ministry budget
• Recruit and coordinate a team of volunteers
• Network with other youth workers in the community.
• Attend weekly staff meeting & meet regularly with supervisor
• Attend regular worship services
• A strong walk with God, and a desire to see Youth and Young Adults cultivate the same
• A desire to grow in their faith and abilities
• A self-starter
• Understands the modern youth culture.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in regards to articulating the Christian faith.
• Team player with effective relational skills.
Education & Experience:
• Education: Minimum of a Bachelors degree from four-year college or university. Seminary training a plus.
• Experience: At least 1 year of experience in youth ministry.