About the job
Job Title: Full-Time Associate Pastor Of Adult & Tech Ministry
Based At: Community Bible Church - Ventura, CA (5040 Telegraph Rd)
Report: Lead Pastor Bob DuPar
Job Purpose and Scope:
The Associate Pastor will build and oversee the Adult Ministries (Men’s, Women’s & Small groups) at Community Bible Church as well as the tech ministry. This position will play a key role in the ministry by overseeing & developing our live stream process (and volunteer workers), building an online service strategy, creating ministry pathways for adults, and supporting the tech needs of the church. A leader who prioritizes connection, care, and equipping is necessary for this position.
Qualifications and Standards:
· Models 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:6-9.
· Demonstrates an active Christian Faith and spiritual growth/maturity.
· Commits to faithful adherence to Community Bible Church’s vision, bylaws, core values and policies.
· Practices the biblical concept of “submission to authority” (1 Peter 2:13-25).
· Handles conflict resolution at the time of the occurrence (Matthew 18:15-19).
· Demonstrates Godly stewardship in tithing and lifestyle.
· Recognizes and embraces the value of teamwork
· Able to effectively recruit, motivate, train, empower, and supervise others.
· Has a degree with biblical and/or theological coursework. Seminary degree is a plus.
· 3-5 years of experience with small group ministry and tech experience.
Key Responsibilities: (This is not a comprehensive list, but rather a general description of areas of responsibility; other duties can be assigned)
o The Associate Pastor is responsible for the development, leadership, and vision of our discipleship groups both online and in-person.
o Build the group ministry and develop a strategy to recruit, train, and mobilize leaders in each area both online and in-person.
o Manage lay leaders towards alignment to Community Bible Church vision and values.
o Connection to the church is of utmost importance. As a community of believers, we love to see individuals go from accepting Christ, to learning about Him and His church, to
being an active member of that very church and discipling others.
o The Associate Pastor will play a vital role in making sure new church attenders understand what their next discipleship step is and are plugged in seamlessly to their appropriate
step within Adult Ministries.
o A new ministry of Community Bible Church is the online services. The Associate Pastor will be the primary staff member pastoring online services. This includes engagement,
care of the congregation, and ultimately shepherding growth whether it be from a distance or inviting online participants to in-person services.
o Online services will be a tool whereby the Associate Pastor will promote groups to our online participants and will develop groups that are available for individuals who are not
able to physically attend.
o Online Ministry will also translate to social media platforms, and website maintenance and design.
o As the primary tech expert on staff, this position will also be responsible for making sure that all staff members are able to use church equipment; whether it be solving computer
issues, or printer problems or anything in between.
Salary & benefits to be discussed
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1808