Associate Pastor at Community Bible Church
Baton Rouge, LA
About the job
Community Bible Church (Baton Rouge, LA)
Associate Pastor - Spiritual Formation
The Big Picture
Community Bible Church (516church.org) is seeking an Associate Pastor of Spiritual Formation to develop and oversee ministries for spiritual growth and transformation, from conversion to maturity, within the congregation and among the staff team.
CBC is a growing church, having experienced growth from a church of 100 to a church of 350 over the past seven years. The church has always attracted a wide range of ages but was generally tilted toward an older demographic (~50 years and older). Today, there is a growing demographic of youth, college students, young adults, and young married couples. The church seems to have a healthy balance of all ages on a Sunday morning. Our ministry structure is aligned with our name. We want people to be involved in corporate worship as believers set apart by the gospel of Christ, then involved in a community group where they can grow in fellowship, and then part of the disciple-making process where they are grounded in Scripture and learn to become disciple-makers. Thus, a Church growing in Community and grounded in the Bible in order to reach others for Christ.
SKILLS AND STRENGTHS NEEDED
· Teaching. Able to teach effectively in both a congregational and small group setting.
· Relationship-Building. Able to form relationships and encourage others toward relational health.
· Disciple-Making. A heart for the Great Commission with the desire to see people come to faith, grow in greater Christ-likeness, and be equipped to reach others with the gospel.
· Shepherding. A heart for people and for the local church.
· Administration. Able to organize and lead a group of people, assessing strengths and weaknesses and encouraging both individuals and teams to greater personal growth and effectiveness.
· Counseling. Able to identify hindrances to emotional and mental health and encouraging growth through these challenges as part of one's spiritual formation and transformation.
· Personal confession in Jesus Christ as one’s Savior and Lord.
· Submission to Scripture as the authoritative guide in all matters of faith and practice.
· Academic training in the area of Christian theology and ministry.
· Assent to the CBC membership covenant and constitution and support of the doctrinal positions of the church.