Youth Pastor at Community Baptist Church of San Jose
Campbell, CA 95008
About the job
Community Baptist Church of San Jose
Pastor of Youth Ministry (full-time)
The Youth Pastor is responsible for designing, coordinating and overseeing a comprehensive youth ministry program focused on building disciples for Christ. Areas of focus include relationship building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Serve as an engaging spiritual leader and role model with strong biblical background.
- Direct and organize overall vision for Christ-centered Youth Ministry.
- Disciple youth in Christian worship, fellowship, and evangelism.
- Lead and encourage Youth Ministry volunteer staff.
- Develop and oversee Friday night youth group and Sunday school program.
- Engage and build trusting relationships with parents of the youth.
- Integrate Youth Ministry schedule and programs with English Ministry and Children Ministry.
- Cultivate connections with youth institutions and organizations in community (e.g. schools, Christian clubs, non-profits)
- Preach regularly in English Sunday worship service (once per month).
- Perform other duties, as needed, to support the overall ministry of the church.
- Exhibit a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- At least 4 years of experience in youth ministry, mentoring and/or development.
- Graduate of or attending an accredited Bible college/seminary.
- Have a good understanding of ministry in a multilingual (English, Cantonese and Mandarin) cultural context.
- An energetic, teachable, team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills and computer skills.