About the job
Columbus Evangelical Church is currently hiring for the position of full-time associate pastor. We are looking for someone who is outgoing and enjoys being involved in the community. This position will emphasize community outreach events and relationship building. Columbus Evangelical Church is a multi-staff church with a growing and healthy congregation. Our church staff is team driven with a warm, family atmosphere. We see the position of associate pastor playing a vital role in our 5-year church vision to “Build Jesus-Centered Homes”.
• Full-time (40 hours per week)
• Compensation Package: $50,000 (including salary, housing allowance, insurance, and retirement)
• Technology Equipment Provided (church cell phone package, laptop computer, etc.)
• Weekly Sabbath Day (weekday off where you will abstain from all regular church activities)
• Continuing Education Grants (funding for special training or to attend conferences)
• To apply please send your resume to [email protected]
QUALIFICATIONS - Someone applying for this position will meet the following criteria:
• An evident passion and calling to vocational ministry
• Experience in ministry leadership (minimum of 3 years)
• Ability to communicate well in a public setting
• Ability to lead and disciple small groups
• Willingness to work in collaborative teams
• Willingness to be flexible to church ministry needs
• Has acquired or is actively pursuing pastoral credentialing with the Evangelical Church of North America
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (With Approximate Weekly Time Commitment)
• Coordinate Church Special Events (8 hours) - This position will provide leadership and coordination for our church community outreach events. On average our church has one large outreach event a month.
• Pastoral Visitation (8 hours) - Provide pastoral follow-up with prayer requests and visit church members who are going through crisis or shut-in at home.
• Connection and Assimilation (8 hours) - Call and connect with new visitors and church members who are attending services but are not yet active in the life of the church. Help connect attenders with discipleship opportunities.
• Monthly Preaching (4 hours) - This position will be involved in planning sermon series and preaching the Sunday sermon once a month as directed by the Lead Pastor.
• Church Worship Services (4 hours) - Pastor may be called upon to help with announcements or other elements of the Sunday services. On occasion we have special services (weddings, funerals, etc.) and this position will be available to help with the needs of those services.
• Build Connections with Online Members (4 hours) - Help facilitate online chat rooms during services. Pursue opportunities to follow-up and contact online church attenders.
• Weekly Staff Meeting (2 hours) - This is an all-staff meeting during which we address church logistics and planning.
• Weekly Creative Meeting (2 hours) - This is a collaborative creative meeting involving the pastoral staff. This creative meeting involves praying for God’s direction over designing church events, Christmas/Easter services, brainstorming ways to improve ministries, etc.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3627