Minister of Children and Families at Coastal Community Church
Grover Beach, CA 93433
About the job
Job Requirements: Minister of Children and Families
Coastal Community Church, Grover Beach, CA
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Coastal Community Church is grounded in three core beliefs:
Hope beyond our brokenness -- Trust in our risen Savior -- Restoration for our community. For more on our church: https://www.mycoastal.org/
The Minister for Children and Families is dedicated to serving children (birth - 5th grade) and their families so that they know their identity as chosen, forgiven, and beloved children of God; see their belonging in God’s family and their unique role in God’s mission to restore and redeem this world through Jesus; and understand the Gospel and can see its transforming power in their own lives.
This person must have an active faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior. His or her beliefs must align with those of CCC (see mycoastal.org under “What We Believe”). This position requires gifts in teaching, communication, administration, and a heart to see children and families grow in their identity in Christ and the knowledge of God through the Bible - in a spiritually-rich, fun, and safe environment.
Skills and qualities required:
• Relational - initiate relationships with families and children, express curiosity, listen well, and remember what is shared; have an accurate sense of how you come across to others; able to maintain healthy relational boundaries
• Administration - keep record of all children and their families, as well as volunteers, including their needs and unique family dynamics; establish a plan for each area of Coastal Kids; keep the Coastal Kids space beautiful and organized; keep record of all volunteers in accordance with current laws
• Hospitable - enable children and families to feel safe and welcome in your presence and in the Coastal Kids programs
• Communication - connect with families in personal, clear and engaging ways via phone, text, email, and in person
• Teaching - evaluate/implement or write curriculum, teaching children both on Sunday mornings and during appropriate special events in fun, engaging and accessible ways. Be able to teach the Bible and its principles to children of all ages as well as teach parents to do the same.
• Team-Building - lead the Coastal Kids volunteers/leadership team with clear direction and purpose, specific to each role, as well as supply appropriate tools and resources for support.
• Redemptive Conflict - able to initiate difficult conversations with wisdom, courage, grace, and truthfulness, keeping with CCCs peacemaking principles.
• Prayer - teach children and their families to pray, model prayer by praying with and for children and families, pray for children and their families - in-person as well as over them in personal prayers
Hours: This part time position is 20 hours per week.
Work Days: Sunday through Wednesday/Thursday
Pay Rate: $25-30 an hour
Benefits: (after the first 90 days of employment): 10 sick days, one month paid vacation, matching 403b plan of up to $1500 per year, and a 3,000/year medical wrap.
For a full job description: https://drive.google.com/file/d/178Ws3v3yQH6JUcbJ-XxVf-CzsI9wIYJT/view?usp=sharing