About the job
CityTeam is a Christian non-profit dedicated to supporting communities by meeting immediate needs and enabling lasting solutions for those struggling with poverty, homelessness, and addiction. Being part of CityTeam is not just a career but a calling. Whether we’re working on the front lines in Programs or working behind the scenes in Support Services, we feel privileged to use our education, experience, and gifts to love people and bring glory to God.
This includes but is not limited to planning, packing, moving, distributing, and tracking of food and other resources and leading and empowering volunteers in this program. This position will demand flexibility and grace, as you will constantly deal with surprises and unexpected twists that are out of your control. Our ideal candidate enjoys physical work and will have some administrative skills, a servant’s heart and be able to handle conflict in a Christ-like manner. This includes but is not limited to checking people in and physically packing, moving, and distributing food and have the flexibility to work in different locations at different times throughout the week. It is important to have a customer-service focus, demonstrating God’s love and mercy as a representative of CityTeam Ministries, staying calm, friendly, and professional during a highly stressful time.
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Beyond salary, CityTeam offers a great benefit package, including but not limited to Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave, and Retirement Benefits. All of this is wrapped up in a Christian environment that values Teamwork, Accountability, Humility, Innovation, and Joy.
1. Execute assigned Mobile Food Pantry distributions.
2. Follow clear processes and procedures for all vehicle-related maintenance, safety, and other matters.
3. Unload the truck and set up the distribution area.
4. Re-stock and ensure proper storage of any remaining food and supplies.
5. Ensure that the facilities are cleaned up and any remaining food and supplies are brought back to CityTeam.
6. Oversee and supervise interns.
7. Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers.
8. Operate all equipment in a safe manner (pallet jack, box truck, etc.)
9. Compile and submit reports, statistics, and incident reports.
10. Communicate effectively with people from a wide variety of socioeconomic, education, and cultural backgrounds.
11. Serve as a back-up pantry worker to assist in food distributions and receive food donations as needed.
12. Provide outstanding customer service to partners, volunteers, and guests.
13. Manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and intelligently delegate.
14. Advocate for CityTeam with those in your circles of influence.
15. Other duties and special projects as assigned by the program director.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 21 years of age or older
• Valid PA Driver’s License with a clean record
• No DUI in the past 10-years
• Experience in the Customer Service industry
• Computer literate and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Serve Safe Certificate or willingness to obtain certification.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Prior truck driving experience
• Familiarity with CityTeam, homelessness, and poverty
• Stand for prolonged amounts of time
• Work outside in the weather for long periods of time
• Walk, bend, kneel, twist, turn, and reach
• Walk up and down stairs
• Talk and hear
• Eye-hand coordination to operate an electronic tablet
• Quickly and accurately type on an electronic tablet
• Frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds
• Push and pull pallets with a pallet jack of up to 800 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• This position typically works Tuesday-Saturday late mornings till early evenings
• This job operates in assigned local communities in Delaware County, and at CityTeam in Chester
• This job operates in different outdoor settings in various low-income neighborhoods, where conditions are subject to the varying weather conditions (hot, cold, windy, wet)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications for CityTeam Ministries
• Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Must be active in a local Christian body of believers or at least pursuing community with other Christ-followers
• Must have compatible theology on major issues of CityTeam's Statement of Faith
• Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ
Job Title: Mobile Food Pantry Driver and Coordinator
Area/Location: CityTeam in the Neighborhood / Chester, PA
Reports to: Program Director
Subordinates: Interns and Volunteers
Classification: Specialist / Full Time / Regular / Non-Exempt
Salary: $17 Per hour DOE