About the job
CityTeam is a Christian non-profit dedicated to supporting communities by meeting immediate needs and enabling lasting solutions for those struggling with poverty, homelessness, and addiction. Being part of CityTeam is not just a career but also a calling. Whether we’re working on the frontlines in Programs or working behind the scenes in Support Services, we feel privileged to use our education, experience, and gifts to love people and bring glory to God.
CityTeam created a new role to help the Marketing & Communications Team improve the donor experience for all of our locations across the country. The Donor Engagement Manager will champion new initiatives to create personal connections, further engagement with our ministry, and move donors toward giving at higher levels. The Donor Engagement Manager must be passionate about our ministries and be able to articulate CityTeam’s vision and needs in an intelligent and effective way that inspires action. The Donor Engagement Manager will be skilled at researching and understanding the motivations of potential partners so that CityTeam can position itself in alignment with partner initiatives and help supporters achieve their stewardship goals.
This new hybrid role will utilize skills from both Development and Marketing. The Donor Engagement Manager will take initiative, thrive in a rapidly changing environment, and have the project management skills necessary to stay on top of deadlines. Our ideal candidate will be a strong collaborator, have well developed EQ, and handle conflict and unexpected changes with grace. This is a brand new position, so the Donor Engagement Manager will need to be flexible and adjust to changes as God leads and situations unfold.
The Donor Engagement Manager a full-time non-exempt position. Beyond salary, CityTeam offers a great benefit package, including but not limited to Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave, and Retirement Benefits. All of this is wrapped up in a Christian environment that values Teamwork, Accountability, Humility, Innovation, and Joy.
1. Strengthen organizational stewardship strategies:
a. Manage the seasonal and recurring donor affirmation touchpoints across channels and vendor/agency partners.
b. Responsible for Stewardship & Impact Reporting, including the Annual Stewardship Report, Thank You Program, New Donor Welcome Communication Stream, and Sustainer Communication Stream.
2. Build out Mid-Level Program:
a. Identify and track engagement strategies (moves management) based on nature and level of giving, cultivating donors toward their full giving potential.
b. Define long-term vision and short-term goals, engage key stakeholders, champion new or improved strategies, and utilize metrics to measure progress.
c. Identify, qualify, and cultivate mid-level donors ($500+) and prospects for recurring and upgraded giving and renewed, annual support.
d. Facilitate seamless transition of mid-donors into the major donor category by introducing them to their assigned Development Team member.
e. Plan and execute cultivation events in coordination with the Development Directors relevant to Middle Donor acquisition, appreciation, or upgrade efforts.
3. Enhance current Monthly Giving Program with a focus on relationship building and improved donor experience for Hope Partners:
a. Identify, qualify, and cultivate monthly supporters who give on a recurring basis.
4. General job responsibilities:
a. Meet or exceed KPI goals in moving donors and giving dollars, as defined in annual scorecard.
b. Project management of all communications development, including managing agency and third-party vendors. Collaborate with MarCom to ensure consistency with communications, messaging, and solicitations. Ensure integration and adherence to program style and brand guidelines.
c. Work closely with the Marketing Director to ensure programs are aligned and work is leveraged.
d. Collaborate with the Development and Marketing Teams to assess and prioritize partnerships, create and share powerful stories that move people into action, and ensure retention through ongoing engagement strategies.
e. Expand depth of understanding of supporter motivations and communication preferences through conversations, surveys, research, and data analysis.
f. Monitor Mid-Level, Monthly Giving, & Stewardship budgets and program performance, ensure accurate and timely reporting, tracking, and timely gift
g. Develop and maintain positive working relationships by actively living out and championing our core values of teamwork, accountability, humility, joy, and innovation.
h. Manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and intelligently delegate.
i. Handle all information with the strictest confidence.
j. Other duties and special projects as assigned by the VP of Marketing &
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
• 4-year degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or other related field
• 2-year minimum experience with strategic partnerships or donor development
• Strong foundation in direct marketing (segmentation, response optimization, project management, & communications development)
• Professional written and spoken communication skills
• Highly skilled at one-on-one engagement, particularly by phone and email
• Expert in presenting to and engaging with small and large groups of people
• Well versed at creating proposals based on donor interests
• Computer literate
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Outlook
• Valid CA Driver’s License with a clean record
Preferred Education and Experience
• Experience with customer relationship management system, customer or donor database Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge
• Familiarity with online giving and customer/donor email platforms (such as QGiv and Classy)
• Experience with non-profit strategic partnership development
• Familiarity with CityTeam programs and services, food distribution, addiction, and homelessness
• Stand or sit for prolonged amounts of time
• Walk, bend, twist, & kneel
• Walk up and down stairs
• Talk and hear
• Finger and hand dexterity to operate computer and office equipment
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• This job typically operates in a professional office environment with standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines
• This role will regularly travel to strategic partnership meetings and meet in a variety of venues, including restaurants, offices, and homes
• Days and hours of work will be typical business hours with occasional weekends and evenings
Additional Eligibility Qualifications for CityTeam Ministries
• Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Must be active in a local Christian body of believers or at least pursuing community with other Christ-followers
• Must have compatible theology on major issues of CityTeam's Statement of Faith
• Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ
Job Title: Donor Engagement Manager
Area/Location: Marketing & Communications / San Jose, California Reports to: VP of Marketing & Communications
Direct Reports: Interns and Volunteers
Classification: Manager / Full-Time / Regular / Exempt Salary: Range starts at $54,080, DOE