President/CEO at Christian Military Fellowship
Englewood, CO 801110
About the job
Organization: Christian Military Fellowship
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Job Location: Denver Metro
Type of Job: Full-time
Job Category: Administrative | Development | Executive
CMF is a nondenominational fellowship of believers committed to Jesus Christ and to carrying out the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) within the military society. CMF is an ’indigenous’ ministry dedicated to encouraging men and women in the United States Armed Forces, and their families, to love and serve the Lord Jesus Christ. It cooperates with chapels, chaplains, local churches and Christian organizations in support of U.S. military personnel and their families worldwide, with prayer, Bible studies, local fellowships, conferences, link-ups, free literature, correspondence, hospitality, and Christian book services.
In the conduct of the ongoing business of CMF, the President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for all business operations, including management of the assets of CMF; hiring, training, promotion, discipline, and termination of employees; and for establishing and maintaining the business organization and structure efficiently to conduct the management functions of CMF. The President/CEO plans for and administers a program providing service in accordance with CMF’s stated purpose and in such a manner that optimum results are achieved in relation to the resources of the agency, and operates under the general direction of the CMF Board of Directors. (CMF Policy Manual)
The CEO maintains a close relationship with the CMF Board of Directors, assisting the Board of Directors in developing specific, written, long- and short-range plans for the development of CMF programs and services; interpreting trends in the fields of service in which CMF is engaged, by maintaining involvement in the professional field of military ministry as a whole; and assisting with orientation and training programs for the Board of Directors.
Areas of Responsibility
Leadership and Oversight
· Provide oversight of the operation of CMF programs to ensure effective use of funds and other resources as well as ensure delivery of high-quality services. Monitor CMF effectiveness in meeting identified needs in the military community.
· Supervise the CMF Home Office and Field staff, including recruiting, training, development and evaluation of CMF staff. Provide effective internal leadership to the CMF team, with emphasis on teamwork, effective communication, accountability, and clarity of direction.
· The President/Chief Executive Officer shall make such written and oral reports to the Board of Directors and membership as the Board of Directors may require. He shall see that all orders and resolutions of the Board of Directors are carried into effect. Unless some other person is specifically authorized by the Board of Directors, the President shall sign all bonds, deeds, mortgages, leases, and contracts of the Corporation. The President shall perform all the duties commonly incident to this office and such other duties as the Board of Directors shall designate. The President/Chief Executive Officer shall be assisted by an Office Staff and Field Staff as needed
Development of Funding and Other Support
· Build relationships with various constituencies, including military service members, volunteers, military friendly local churches and military chapels, as well as funding services and organizations such as the Combined Federal Campaign and State sponsored funding organizations. Maintain a good working relationship with other military oriented ministries.
· Along with the CMF Board of Directors, oversee funding efforts including solicitation, donations, donor cultivation, major gifts, grants, etc. Ensures development of diverse funding streams to best support the mission and goals of the organization.
Planning and Budget
· Based on the board’s direction and staff input, ensure that the organization has an annual operations plan that is aligned with its strategic plan. Execute plans and achieve results authorized by the board.
· Partner with board to develop a plan and specific strategies for ensuring proper funding of operations and programs.
· Make such written and oral reports to the Board of Directors and membership as the Board of Directors may require. Ensure that all orders and resolutions of the Board of Directors are carried into effect.
· Definite calling from the Lord Jesus Christ to enter this responsibility.
· Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s Preferred in relevant field; Nonprofit Management, Ministry, Biblical Studies, Divinity)
· A regular member of CMF and have been a qualified Local Representative with an active ministry prior to appointment.
· Minimum 5 years previous supervisory/management experience.
· Previous nonprofit experience.
· Working knowledge of Title 6 of the Colorado Revised Statutes (Charitable Solicitations).
· Working knowledge of the Federal Statues governing charitable contributions, tax reporting, social security, payroll tax, religious charities, business expense reporting, Simple Employee Pension Plans and 403b Plans.
· Working knowledge of Title 7 of the Colorado Revised Statutes (Corporations and Associations).
· Working knowledge of general accounting practices and accounting software.
· Working knowledge of personnel management software associated with maintaining/managing membership records.
· Working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office products.
· Experience in Christian Military Ministry a plus
· Military Veteran or Retiree a plus
Commensurate with experience and a demonstrated willingness to raise their own support (salary and expenses—deputized fundraising).
How to Apply
Send Resume and Cover Letter to Apply@CMFHQ.ORG (No Phone Calls Please)