About the job
Full-Time Youth Director for Christ the King Lutheran Church - Hutchinson, MN
Philosophy and Overview
We are seeking a full-time Youth Director that must be a believer, model, and leader in Christ’s church. This person is responsible to create, plan, and lead programs designed to nurture, educate, disciple and welcome the middle school and high school youth (6th-12th grades) of Christ the King and our community, encouraging them to be rooted in scripture and grow through worship, prayer, study, fellowship, and service, in order to joyfully proclaim Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Ministry programs include middle school programming, confirmation support, high school Youth Group, and Sunday morning Youth programs.
Christ The King Lutheran Church (CTK) is a young, vibrant, and growing congregation of approximately 1,800 members located in Hutchinson, Minnesota, about one hour west of Minneapolis. Hutchison is a hub for surrounding communities and offers a small-town feel which makes it a great place to raise a family. Christ the King is Christ-centered, mission-minded and committed to spreading the Gospel of our Lord and Savior to our church family, this community, surrounding communities and beyond.
The Youth Ministry
At CTK, youth ministry is an established ministry that is valued and well-funded. It’s also unique in the sense that it has a strong working relationship with area youth directors that are committed to sharing God’s Word. The Youth Director works with a team of adults to provide both relational and program ministry which includes:
· Youth Night
· Mission Trips
· Ecumenical Outreach
· Confirmation Assistance
· Kingdom Building
Schedule: Working hours for this position are typically weekdays during church office hours, plus Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings to run youth programs. Weekend and evening work is expected when leading youth trips and other special events, and work outside of regular hours is flexed during another part of the pay period.
Competitive Salary and Benefits including: Health Insurance, Health Savings Account (HSA), 403(b) Retirement, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Continuing Education, and a fun and healthy Staff Culture.
Relational Ministry –
· Spiritually nurture youth.
· Support and enhance CTK’s established ministry programs.
· Build trusted relationships with youth in our church as well as the community through open lines of communication and maintaining confidentiality to the fullest extent possible,
· Love the youth without judging.
· Be present and available, never “too busy” to listen.
· Identify and develop opportunities to mentor youth.
· Encourage both youth and adults to support and carry out effective ministry to others.
· Build upon and enhance an already established youth program that includes worship, learning, fellowship, and service.
· Facilitate weekly Youth Night with music, activity, prayer and scripture study.
· Coordinate and execute youth mission trip(s), including fundraising efforts, vetting mission opportunities and volunteers, and delivering a mission trip worship service.
· Support and participate in community outreach ministry.
· Carry out and model outreach ministry through welcoming youth regardless of membership status or church involvement.
· Work with area youth directors to enrich relationships with community churches and youth programs.
· Solid theological understanding
· Embrace Lutheran doctrine
· BA/BS or 2+ years of equivalent experience (preferred, but not required)
· Valid driver’s license
Character Qualities –
· Communicate effectively with youth, volunteers, office staff, and members
· Motivated to initiate relationships and ministry
· Organized; manages many projects simultaneously
· Available; present and never too busy to listen
· Flexible; maintains balance of relations and tasks
· Adaptable; able to assess needs of group and make adjustments
Please return the following information to Christ the King Lutheran Church via email, mail, or by turning it in to the office.
· Cover Letter, including why you feel called to apply for this position
· Faith Statement
Email: [email protected]
Christ the King Lutheran Church
Attn: Youth Director Search Team
PO Box 369
Hutchinson, MN 55350
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Questions? Email [email protected].
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3555