About the job
PASTOR OF ADULT DISCIPLESHIP
CHRIST COMMUNITY EXISTS TO MAKE GOSPEL-CENTERED DISCIPLES AMONG ALL PEOPLE FOR THE GLORY OF GOD.
THE GOSPEL ABOVE ALL
More than anything else, Christ Community is a church that is about the gospel.
Jesus tells his disciples and those who would follow, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to
me, go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son
and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with
you always, to the end of the age.’”
We believe Jesus radically changes a person’s life. We are to remind ourselves daily that we have been set
free from the power of sin and condemnation and to live in light of this freedom. We do not work for our
salvation, but our salvation has been given to us freely by God himself through faith in Christ. Therefore, we
are to live out the gospel of grace every day in our personal lives as well as with those we are around.
OUR CORE VALUES
COMMUNITY & CULTURE
Christ Community in Huntersville, NC, is seeking to fill the position of Adult Groups and Discipleship Pastor.
Located in the fast-growing Lake Norman region of North Carolina, Huntersville is a suburban community
which offers an exceptional quality of life and intentional small-town atmosphere.
Sharing a border with Charlotte, one of the nation’s top financial centers, Huntersville attracts many families
relocating to the area and seeking a variety of quality educational opportunities for their children, as well as
older families who want the conveniences of a major metro area without many of the issues often associated
with city living.
The region is perfect for sports fans, and beaches and mountains are only a short drive away. Charlotte
Douglas International Airport is a major hub for air travel, and local universities and seminaries offer
opportunities for continuing adult education.
Christ Community, a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, is a Great Commission church with a focus
on evangelism, missions, and discipleship. The church has nearly 800 active members and averages over
1300 in attendance at the Sunday morning worship services across our Huntersville and Denver campuses.
The services are all thriving, contemporary services with top-notch talent who honor God with their gifts in
leading the church to praise God.
Christ Community exists to make gospel-centered disciples among all people for the glory of God. Everything
we do, from worship, to preaching, to missions, is centered on and for the purpose of Jesus Christ.
For more information, please see our website: christcommunity.com.
Purpose and Primary Responsibilities: The primary role of the Pastor of Adult Discipleship is to oversee the
development and execution of discipleship opportunities for adult members of Christ Community and so fulfill
our mission of making gospel centered disciples within the life of our church. He will provide strategic
leadership to community groups and men’s ministry, with the goal of providing an avenue of discipleship for
every member. In addition to the responsibilities listed below, the Pastor of Adult Discipleship will be
responsible for all duties assigned by the Pastor of Discipleship Ministries.
- Provide leadership and direction to adult discipleship at Christ Community; helping shape the process for new believers and those looking to grow more into Christ-likeness.
- Provide counseling and care to members of Christ Community as needed, knowing our partnerships and handling outsourcing of counseling requests to counseling partners.
- Create a leadership development pipeline for current and future adult leaders.
- Assist in the leadership of the Men’s Ministry at Christ Community.
- Provide leadership and direction to Community Groups, Freedom Groups, and Discipleship Groups.
- Develop systems and processes for adding new members to community groups.
- Strategically identify, equip, and deploy new leaders for all groups; implement ongoing training strategies for group leaders; and provide ongoing coaching and care for group leaders.
- Create an exceptional environment for all on campus and on campus groups.
- Write and develop a weekly community group discussion guide.
- Strategize key areas in our community and surrounding communities to launch new groups in.
- Set and manage metrics and goals to increase group engagement, with an eye towards multiplication.
- Build a leadership pipeline that provides coaching and care for members and new leaders in process.
- Manage the flow of care needs, assigning care to appropriate leaders and tracking their status.
- Self-starter: Ability to prioritize projects and able to utilize creative problem-solving skills.
- Recruiter: Ability to recruit, train, and lead group leaders.
- Theologically Sharp: Must ensure all groups are operating under our theological framework.
- Teachable: Able to receive feedback and must be a constant learner.
- Teammate: Not a lone ranger, but someone who enjoys working as a team.
- Passion: Vision for enhancing community groups to better achieve the mission of Christ Community.
- Level-Headed: Remains calm and works well under pressure.
- Servant Hearted: Someone who serves with a positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever task may be required.
- Innovator: Enthusiastic about improvement. Innovative, progressive, and future-minded.
- Communicator: Able to teach the Word of God.
- Model a deep commitment to Jesus.
- Be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Christ Community Church.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Possess an attitude of service with a drive to accomplish our mission.
- Must agree with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Must be pursuing or have completed a degree from an accredited seminary.
- Reports to the Pastor of Discipleship
- Seeking full time exempt position.
Benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2980