About the job
CHRIST COMMUNITY EXISTS TO
MAKE GOSPEL-CENTERED DISCIPLES AMONG ALL PEOPLE FOR THE
GLORY OF GOD.
THE GOSPEL ABOVE ALL
More than anything else, Christ Community is a church that is about the gospel.
Jesus tells his disciples and those who would follow, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me, go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.’”
We believe Jesus radically changes a person’s life. We are to remind ourselves daily that we have been set free from the power of sin and condemnation and to live in light of this freedom. We do not work for our salvation, but our salvation has been given to us freely by God himself through faith in Christ. Therefore, we are to live out the gospel of grace every day in our personal lives as well as with those we are around.
OUR CORE VALUES
Purpose and Primary Responsibilities: The Finance and HR Administrator will oversee a wide range of administrative and organizational tasks for the office, finance, accounting, and HR departments of the church. They will provide This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible, and enjoy challenges. This employee must have the ability to interact with all levels of internal staff, congregants, visitors, and external church relationships in a fast-paced environment. Must remain flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient with a high level of professionalism. Written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability, and attention to detail are equally important. In addition to the specific responsibilities below, the Finance and HR Administrator will be responsible for such duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor.
· Must understand and fully embrace the mission, values, and culture of Christ Community.
· Represent the church with integrity and warmth in dealing with members of the congregation, other churches, and the community at large.
· Oversee and/or implement accuracy and compliance in finance including:
o Accounts payable and receivable
o Charitable giving receipts and statements
o Contracts and leases
o Maintain and reconcile bank, credit card, and financial accounts
o Taxes and tax reporting
· Oversee and/or implement accuracy and compliance in human resources including:
o Benefits administration
o Compensation reviews
o Job descriptions and employment agreements
o Personnel files
o Time off records
· Maintain office and supplies as needed.
· Monitor, direct, and respond to incoming correspondence via mail, phone, and/or email.
· Be available for occasional events outside office hours.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, with ability to create, organize, and maintain complex spreadsheets.
· Proficient in the use and administration of accounting software such as Quickbooks, ACS, Shelby, or similar.
· Knowledge of or ability to learn financial and banking software or online portals.
· Learn and master church management software for the purpose of updating database, running reports, scheduling events, etc.
· Understand, follow, and manage HR policies and procedures.
· Well organized with great attention to detail.
· Ability to accomplish tasks and the forethought to anticipate needs.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in finance, accounting, or related field or equivalent professional experience.
· Must model a deep commitment to Jesus.
· Must be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Christ Community Church.
· Must maintain membership at Christ Community Church.
· Must be highly organized with attention to detail.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
· Must possess an attitude of service with a drive to accomplish our mission.
· Must agree with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
Seeking fulltime candidate. Work week Monday – Friday. Salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package. Please send a cover letter and resume to
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2977