About the job
ABOUT CHRIST CHURCH:
Christ Church is a vital, non-denominational, multisite church where children, youth, and adults alike build life-changing relationships with God and one another. Through each of our branches, we offer you a variety of inspiring worship services, a rich range of spiritual growth resources, and a selection of service ministries aimed at changing the world for good. Come experience life with us.
The Student Ministry Coordinator will work in partnership with our team of student and family ministry leaders and pastors to develop and oversee faith nurturing programs for Middle and High school students, across our campuses. They will work in partnership with the broader student ministry team to help equip and support the high school and middle school ministries, small groups, families, and volunteer leadership teams to worship, grow, and serve God together.
Middle and High School Ministry
Regular Full-Time (40-50 Hours)
- Plan and execute weekly youth group gathering to engage and equip middle and high school students for a life of faith.
- Train, develop, and equip a strong base of volunteer small group leaders who will partner with our student ministry team to provide close mentorship to students, in a large growing ministry.
- Plan and execute summer camps, missions projects, and retreats aimed to nurture the spiritual development of students.
- Coordinate and execute a weekly student leadership community that empowers students to partner in execution of weekly student programming, and to serve actively in the wider church.
- Partner with Family ministries to provide a cohesive faith journey for students Kindergarten 12th grade, with particular attention given to empowering and equipping the parents & families of young people.
- Prepare and deliver weekly biblical teaching grounding students in faith and understanding of the character of God.
- Develop well-rounded and creative faith-based curriculum effective in engaging many different learning styles.
- Communicate clearly and consistently with parents providing a foundation to equip the family for faith development in the home.
- Coordinate and participate in the leadership of worship services including activities such as offering communion and speaking and teaching on biblical principles.
- Engage in intentional mentorship and encouragement of students walking through tough times both personally and spiritually.
- Seek out opportunities to invest in the local community by teaching in seminars, attending extra-curricular activities, and supporting local schools and clubs.
- Maintain multiple connection points with students through a variety of social media platforms.
- Actively work to engage with students outside of the church building.
- Creatively develop quarterly outreach events intended to engage unreached students with the purpose of introducing them to an experience of Gods love.
- Help student team to implement Christ Church's Confirmation program for incoming freshmen.
- Organize mission-based service trips to expose students to needs within our community and the world.
- Participate in opportunities to bring church-wide visibility to middle and high school ministries and engage our students in a well-rounded understanding of church life.
- Perform all other job-functions required to foster a healthy, growing, student ministry program.
Spiritual Development: Serve as an example to staff, leadership teams, and the congregation at large of how to live the rhythms of spiritual formation in contrast to our overly busy and scattered lifestyle. Strive to live in a way that says it is possible to stay connected to our life-source, Jesus Christ, so that we might have life and live it abundantly.
General Administration and communication
- Prepare and review communication for ministry area within and that which goes beyond Christ Church
- Attend all staff meetings, Elder Meetings, etc.
- Provide resources, documentation, and communication for Christ Church leadership as directed.
- Oversee and manage ministry area budget.
- Desire to continuously learn and serve others.
- Honest, trustworthy, and humble.
- Integrity for work habits and results.
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively, and proactively.
- Appreciation for own and others giftedness.
- Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character.
- Able to keep high level of confidentiality.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Good listener.
Skills and Talents
- Demonstrated leadership and administrative skills.
- Confidence and proficiency with upfront communication.
- Have a base understanding of word processing, power point, and other relevant computer applications (Word, Microsoft Outlook, YouTube, Instagram etc.)
- Base understanding of (or willingness to learn) professional presentation, graphics, audio, & video production applications (ProPresenter, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Adobe Premier, Photoshop, Logic, etc)
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure.
- Begin and end projects within a reasonable timeframe.
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision.
- Works well with others and within a team.
- Energized by non-routine assignments.
- Creative and innovative.
- Experience working with students and adolescents, preferably in a faith-based setting.
- Bachelors degree in related field, theology, or human development preferred.
- Graduate level theological training, or a desire to pursue such education in the future, is a plus
- Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.