Family Ministry Pastor at Chino Valley Community Church
Chino Hills, CA 91709
About the job
Chino Valley Community Church is currently seeking to fill a full-time position of Family Ministry Pastor.
Chino Valley Community Church (CVCC) is a community focused church with Converge affiliation located in the beautiful Southern California suburb of Chino Hills. CVCC has a regular weekly attendance of 800+ and a membership of 1,000+.
Job Title: Family Pastor
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reporting to: Senior Pastor
1) The Family Pastor will provide leadership, development and direction for the Children’s Ministry of CVCC and partner with the Children’s Ministry Director to actively participate in the implementation of strategies for the expansion and increased impact of the Children’s Ministry of CVCC
2) The Family Pastor will lead, partner with and provide hands-on support to the Children’s Ministry Director to recruit and train staff and volunteer leaders for the Children’s Ministry of CVCC
3) The Family Pastor will focus on pursuing the parents/families of the kids in Children’s Ministry – Equipping, providing resources, and building relationships.
1. Spiritual Maturity: Demonstrates a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a strong commitment to being a disciple of Jesus Christ and making disciples.
2. Honesty: Exhibits honesty, integrity, and Christian ethics. Actions are consistent with profession. Does what is right and speaks truthfully.
3. Commitment to Vision and Purpose: Commit and support the vision of Chino Valley Community Church, and organize ministry strategies and mechanisms around that vision.
4. Heart of a Shephard: Strong desire and demonstrated ability to pursue, equip, train, counsel and build relationships with parents.
5. Partnership with Parents: Strong desire and ability to connect and partner with parents for the spiritual development and discipline of their children.
6. Love for Children: Clearly exhibits a love for children and a passion for teaching, training and encouraging children and their parents for kingdom growth and living.
7. Solution Driven: Creativity to implement innovative programming and ability to figure out solutions for issues encountered in administering ministry.
Acceptance and commitment to CVCC Statement of Faith is a prerequisite for the hiring of this position.
1. Develop and create comprehensive strategy for pursuing and reaching parents and children.
2. Oversee and responsible for the vision, strategy and development of all Children’s Ministry environments (birth – 4th grade)
3. Provide guidance, leadership to and partner with Children’s Ministry Director.
4. Hands-on leading, coordinating and implementing, along with Children’s Ministry Director, all regularly scheduled Sunday and Wednesday children’s services and programs.
5. Actively participate in the recruiting, training and coordinating of volunteers for all Children’s Ministry activities.
6. Act as the main resource to equip, train, encourage and care for staff and volunteers of Children’s Ministry
7. Strategize and create plans to pursue, invite and integrate parents into CVCC’s adult discipleship system.
8. Act as the main resource to equip and train parents in all aspects of parenting.
9. Develop and maintain long term strategic plans in partnership with youth ministry and in alignment with overall CVCC vision.
10. Oversee and administer Children’s Ministry’s budget along with Children’s Ministry Director.
11. Responsible for the selection of curriculums used in all Children’s Ministry environments.
12. Other responsibilities as necessary or as assigned by the Senior Pastor
- Meets and commits to Biblical leadership qualifications
- Masters of Divinity or other equivalent seminary degrees.
- 5+ years of full-time family ministry experience in a church size comparable to CVCC. Qualified candidates with less experience will be considered
- Commitment to the vision, missions, value and culture of CVCC
- Successful history of building, leading and motivating effective teams
- Demonstrated ability of building and fostering relationships with parents and children
Compensation: To be discussed during interview. Position is eligible for full benefits.