About the job
The English Ministry (EM) pastor will primarily oversee the spiritual growth of the English Ministry through the preaching and teaching of God’s word, discipleship, and nurturing care. The EM pastor will live as an example to encourage the English congregation to care for one another and participate in community service and evangelistic outreach. The EM pastor will also work closely with the English Ministry deacon team to carry out the vision and mission established by the Pastoral Team. The EM pastor will be a key member of the Pastoral Team. While the primary responsibility is the English-speaking congregation, an ideal candidate will understand the multicultural dynamics of the various congregations.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide biblical preaching for the majority of Sunday worship.
- Aids in mapping out new objectives and planning the overall church strategy.
- Mentor, equip and develop lay leaders in accordance with the church vision, ministry growth, discipleship training and the needs of the care ministry and ministries in general.
- Participate in the development of Christian education curriculum and in teaching adult Sunday School.
- Shepherd / Visit church members and/or their families as appropriate and care for their spiritual needs.
- Provide advice, counsel and solace to church members and/or their families as needed.
- Officiate special services along with fellow pastors and elders as determined by the Pastoral Team, including weddings, funerals, infant dedication, baptism, and communion services etc.
- Participate in leadership meetings, including the Pastoral Team and the Executive Board meetings.
- Maintain regular office hours (at least 20 hours per week) and any other pastoral and administrative duties as assigned by the Pastoral Team.
- Assume all responsibilities for a pastor as defined in the Constitution and Bylaws of CCCTO.
Qualifications / Requirements
- A master’s in Divinity degree or equivalence from a Christian evangelical seminary / college / university.
- A spiritually mature, born-again Christian with strong faith and a sound/solid testimony.
- Two or more years ministry experience.
- Candidate’s doctrine must agree with Chinese Christian Church of Thousand Oaks (CCCTO)’s Statement of Faith and candidate must agree with CCCTO’s constitution and bylaws.
- Agrees with the Great Oaks Church Planting Association (growth & outreach) vision.
- Demonstrates biblically sound preaching and teaching.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and the ability to work in teams.
- An excellent command of English in preaching and teaching. Fluency in Chinese or Cantonese is a plus.
- Missionary experience is a plus.