About the job
Charis Mission Church located in Glendale, CA, is currently seeking a senior pastor with a clear calling and conviction to serve God by leading and supporting the spiritual growth of the congregation. Charis was the English Ministry of Choong Hyun Mission Church, a large Korean speaking church, but became independent on January 1, 2018. However, Charis still worships in the same building as Choong Hyun Mission Church and holds firmly to the core value of an interdependent model and continues to work together through various ministries.
Our congregation currently consists of mainly 1.5 and 2nd generation Korean-Americans. However, in recent years, we have had an expansion of non-Korean congregants, and it’s our hope that we can continue this expansion to become more ethnically and culturally diverse. We are made up of approximately 200 members (not including children), comprised of the following life stages: College, Young Adult, Singles, Married without children, Married with children, Empty Nesters, and Seniors. Charis belongs to the Korean American Presbyterian Church (KAPC), Southwest CA Presbytery.
1. Expository preaching and leading Sunday worship services (9:30am & 11:30am)
2. Spiritual and organizational leadership and implementing God’s vision for Charis
3. Understanding/enhancing the vision of our church and development of a road map to align preaching, programs, and activities, together with the Associate Pastors and church appointed leaders to carry out this vision
4. Development/mentorship of Associate Pastors, church appointed leaders and small group leaders
5. Counseling and Home Visitations
6. Leading Bible studies
7. Leading outreaches in the local community as well as through overseas missions.
8. Presiding over Baptisms, Administering Communion (monthly) and leading Church membership classes
1. Master of Divinity degree or higher from an accredited theological seminary.
2. Ordained in an Evangelical denomination.
3. Minimum 7 years pastoral experience.
4. Leadership/experience in missions (preferably both local and overseas)
5. Experience with spiritual and marital/family counseling.