About the job
Worship Arts Director
Central Presbyterian Merced is a downtown church that is leaning into what it means to participate in the renewal of the city. We exist to equip and send followers of Jesus out to love and serve our friends and neighbors in Merced and beyond. We are passionate about reaching college students, young professionals, and families with the gospel and forming them in the way of Jesus.
We are seeking a director of worship to lead our contemporary service.
Worship Job Description
· Build the necessary band and production teams to carry out in-person worship service and livestream on Sunday.
· Recruit, train and lead musicians and singers for the worship team
· Recruit, train, and lead the tech/audio visual team.
· Plan and coordinate all worship services in consultation with the Lead Pastor.
· Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals as necessary
· Provide visionary leadership for the overall worship experience and provide training for leaders within the Worship Ministry.
· Enlist, recruit, equip, and train all volunteers to have a vibrant, spiritually healthy, and effective Worship Ministry.
· Oversee the coordination and production of all “Special Events” including Christmas, Easter, Worship Nights and others as they occur.
Qualities we are looking for:
· A mature Christian with a clear calling to the ministry.
· Experience of at least a few years leading worship
· Skilled musician and singer who plays either guitar or piano
· Self-starter, who is organized and able build necessary systems and structures
· A creative, visionary leader who can also implement and execute the plan created
· Someone who is great with people, a desire to pastor them, and enjoys leading and building teams.
· Proficient in tracks and click, creating parts and charts, and a preferable knowledge of Pro-Presenter, Planning Center, etc.
· Someone who is a team player
Please send resumes to email@example.com