About the job
Full Time Job Description
Central Community Church is a 6-year-old church that gathers in central Seattle (Capitol Hill/Central District neighborhood) for one primary purpose: To seek the heart of God in the heart of the city. We are a diverse group of people from all different backgrounds, ethnicities, and walks of life, eagerly desiring to see Jesus’ Kingdom come in our day and in our city. We value the balance of truth and love, word and deed, gospel-proclamation and gospel-demonstration as well as the principals of Christian community development. Above all, we hope to make Jesus known, and be famous for our love.
The Worship Director’s primary role and responsibility will be to oversee and lead the corporate worship of Central Community Church. We believe corporate worship is one of the most important activities in the life of the church. It not only glorifies God, but it unifies and empowers God’s diverse people towards His purposes in the world. The Worship Director will lead and foster dynamic congregational worship as well as shepherd other musicians and worship leaders in the church.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Works with: Lead Pastor & Staff
2 weeks of vacation/year + 1 week between Christmas & New Year’s Day
Salary TBD based on skill & experience
· In agreement with CCC’s statement of faith and general philosophy of ministry.
· Committed Christian leader with the general character guidelines for elder/deacon (I Tim. 3).
· Gifted worship leader who is sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s leading and guiding.
· Ability to play a musical instrument (piano or guitar preferred) and lead vocally.
· Have a clear call to Seattle and a heart for reaching the city with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
· 3-5 years previous experience.
· Plan weekly Sunday worship services.
· Model and lead heart-felt worship of God on a weekly basis.
· Identify, train and shepherd emerging worship leaders and musicians, both in their gifting and in their love for Christ and neighbor.
· Manage and develop the tech and audio teams for Sunday services.
· Work closely with the staff and Lead Pastor to accomplish any other objectives on a weekly basis.
· Create, implement, and cultivate 1 or 2 other areas of ministry based on passion, gifting, and calling with the CCC staff and leadership team.