About the job
Our mission is transforming college students to transform the world. We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with their entire lives by:
1. Sharing the Gospel with students and developing passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.
2. Serving together with the church and inviting students into the lives of local congregations.
3. Giving students a vision for serving Jesus Christ in their studies, jobs, communities, and families.
Our vision is to see a generation of college students transformed by the power of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, in partnership with the local church, reaching the world for the glory of God.
1. All things belong to God.
2. Jesus changes people’s lives.
3. We love college students.
5. Faithfulness is pursued together.
4. We embrace God’s multiethnic kingdom.
6. We celebrate life.
At the core of CCO ministry is the understanding that God works through the Church to fulfill His purposes in the world. This means the local church is the proper context for gathering, equipping, and sending students into a life-long Kingdom mission. Our Partnership model ensures the CCO and local church gather around a shared vision, design a ministry strategy, and choose a Campus Ministry Staff person together who will help mobilize the church to reach students and develop them as future Christian leaders.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Catalyze Kingdom transformation at Waynesburg University by sharing the Gospel, inviting students into the life of the local church, and mobilizing the Christian community and churches to engage ministry on campus. Develop deep collaboration between church/community members and students that promotes strong biblical discipleship, life long commitment to the Church, and the flourishing of Christ’s kingdom in their local context and all areas of life.
- Serve as Resident Director of on campus dormitory. Residential housing is required and provided by the partner, Waynesburg University.
- Create and routinely revise a ministry plan according to the CCO’s Annual Ministry Plan and Campus Playbook.
- Ensure a consistent and visible presence on campus in partnership with the Chaplain's office and in meeting with students through regular participation in Waynesburg University’s activities.
- Collect and maintain student contact information and follow up and invite students to ministry opportunities.
- Plan and facilitate gatherings of students on campus throughout the week that include prayer, teaching, evangelism, leadership development, and applying Scriptures to life in college and beyond.
- Invite students regularly to the weekly gathering of the church, CCO’s annual jubilee conference and other transformative opportunities.
- Establish a healthy relationship with the university that honors the guidelines of the university for outside organizations and contributes toward sustainable campus access for the CCO at Waynesburg University.
- Commit to a local church and invite students to attend and engage in that local church.
- Connect students into discipleship opportunities and relationships within the church body.
- Invite and equip congregants to provide hospitality, mentorship, and discipleship of college students with the aim of sending them out as leaders to their spheres of influence.
- Promote student engagement with local churches as an integral part of the discipleship strategy.
- Develop and mobilize student leaders to co-labor in the on campus fellowship, evangelism, and Bible studies.
- Disciple and mobilize leaders among students at Waynesburg University to faithfully live out their faith in service and evangelism.
Ministry Context & Partnership
- Attend regular Waynesburg University Residence Life staff meetings.
- Promote, supervise, and advise on student development themed programming, community building, and leadership development. Manage budgets related to programming,
- Serve as a visible and accessible resource in the residence hall community among students, interfacing and building relationships with them on a daily basis.
- Promote an environment in the halls that supports the academic, service, faith and mission of the university.
- Collaborate with academic programs, resource centers & Student Life to manage the overall operation of the hall promoting an environment that is safe, conducive to studying and well-maintained.
- Select, train, & supervise (i.e. coach, train, mentor & complete performance reviews) Resident Assistants (RA’s).
- Provide support/resources to residents (referrals when appropriate) i.e. mediation, crisis intervention & follow-up.
- Serve in a designated on-call rotation for Resident Directors.
- Respond to and follow-up on emergency and management situations as needed.
- Communicate residence hall issues via incident reports and email notifications.
- Communicate, educate and follow up with residents on the Student Code of Conduct and responsible decision making through student conduct meetings.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations and the opening/closing of residence halls.
- Perform other functions and assume responsibilities related to hall management as assigned.
- Assist & coordinate other tasks related to Res Life, Housing, and Student Services via secondary responsibilities.
- Assist Director of Student Activities with execution of student activities on and off campus, such as driving campus vehicles.
- Assist with summer camps and conferences as needed.
- Periodic travel as well as evening and weekend work will be required.
Other Projects & Duties Assigned
- Participate in all required CCO Training.
- Report ministry outcomes through CCO Mid-Year Reflection and Annual Campus Stats documents.
- Pray regularly and frequently for the ministry of the CCO.
- Exceed 100% of support raising ministry goals.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- 2 years minimum of ministry related experience required, Residence Life experience preferred.
- Possess strong analytical and communication skills.
- Collaborates with teams.
- Manages competing priorities and tasks in a timely manner.
- Displays initiative and can work independently.
- Ability to engage a wide range of audiences.
- Nurture growth through regular worship in a local church, prayer, Scripture study, and other spiritual disciplines.
- Displays personal conduct consistent with CCO’s Statement of Faith, Core Values and employee handbook.
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to the University's Mission.
- Plan and pursue professional development opportunities approved by department lead.
- Maturity to be a pastoral presence in the lives of college students.
- Demonstrates a passion for the Gospel, the church, and college students.
- Proactive in preparation and timely in response.
- Encourages the growth and development of others.
- Values excellence.
- Ability to lift 20lbs. (if applicable to position)
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation for travel. (if applicable to position)