About the job
In Partnership with Incarnation Church
Ministering to students at Penn State University
Our mission is transforming college students to transform the world. We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with their entire lives by:
1. Sharing the Gospel with students and developing passionate disciples of Jesus Christ
2. Serving together with the church and inviting students into the lives of local congregations
3. Giving students a vision for serving Jesus Christ in their studies, jobs, communities, and families
Our vision is to see a generation of college students transformed by the power of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, in partnership with the local church, reaching the world for the glory of God.
1. All things belong to God.
2. Jesus changes people’s lives.
3. We love college students.
4. We embrace God’s multiethnic Kingdom.
5. Faithfulness is pursued together.
6. We celebrate life.
At the core of CCO ministry is the understanding that God works through the Church to fulfill His purposes in the world. This means the local church is the proper context for gathering, equipping, and sending students into a life-long Kingdom mission. Our Partnership model ensures the CCO and local church gather around a shared vision, design a ministry strategy, and choose a Campus Ministry Staff person together who will help mobilize the church to reach students and develop them as future Christian leaders.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Catalyze Kingdom transformation at Penn State by sharing the Gospel, inviting students into the life of the local church, and mobilizing the Christian community and churches to engage ministry on campus. Develop deep collaboration between church/community members and students that promotes strong biblical discipleship, life long commitment to the Church, and the flourishing of Christ’s kingdom in their local context and all areas of life.
- Be a consistent and visible presence on campus, meeting students through regular participation in Penn State’s activities.
- Plan and facilitate gatherings of students on campus throughout the week that include prayer, teaching, and applying Scriptures to life in college and beyond.
- Invite students regularly to the weekly gathering of the church, recruit students to attend CCO’s jubilee conference and other transformative opportunities.
- Establish a good relationship with the university administrators and the student life office at Penn State.
- Connect with Penn State branch campus ministries to help students transferring to main campus become involved.
- Connect students with opportunities to serve in our nursing home ministries.
- Effectively communicate the vision for college ministry within the church.
- Connect students into discipleship relationships within the church body.
- Invite and equip congregants to provide hospitality, mentorship, and discipleship of college students with the aim of sending them out as leaders to their spheres of influence.
- Contribute to the overarching goals and efforts of the entire church by being an active part of the staff team and maintaining a servant-leadership mentality in all aspects of ministry.
- Actively participate in the life of Incarnation Church, including attending and helping to facilitate weekly worship services.
- Create a CCO Annual Ministry Plan and lead ministry based on the campus ministry playbook.
Ministry Context & Partnership
- Attend regular Incarnation Church staff meetings.
- Ministry is currently comprised of a large number of students that are new to Christianity, but are not significantly involved in Church or Bible study. Campus staff will be responsible for helping to disciple these students and connect them to the life of the church.
- Ministry currently has 4-5 returning leaders, whom staff will work with to share in the overall vision of the ministry.
Other Projects & Duties Assigned
- Participate in all required CCO Training.
- Pray regularly and frequently for the ministry of the CCO.
- Exceed 100% of support raising ministry goals.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Required. Masters Preferred.
- Previous campus ministry experience preferred. If new college graduate, significant experience in campus ministry leadership as a student is required.
- Evangelism and Outreach. Must be able to develop relationships with students who are not actively Christian, and seek ways to share the Gospel with them. Staff are responsible for praying regularly for at least 15 students that are outside of the church.
- Event planning. Staff will be responsible for planning and executing all social and outreach events for students, in cooperation with student leaders.
- Collaborates with teams
- Manages competing priorities and tasks in a timely manner.
- Displays initiative and can work independently.
- Ability to engage a wide range of audiences.
- Nurture growth through regular worship in a local church, prayer, Scripture study, and other spiritual disciplines.
- Displays personal conduct consistent with CCO Statement of Faith, Core Values and the CCO employee handbook.
- Plan and pursue professional development opportunities approved by department lead.
- Maturity to be a pastoral presence in the lives of college students.
- Demonstrates a passion for the Gospel, the church, and college students.
- Proactive in preparation and timely in response.
- Encourages the growth and development of others.
- Values excellence.
- Ability to lift 20lbs.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation for travel.