About the job
Vice President for People
Our mission is transforming college students to transform the world. We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with their entire lives by:
1. Sharing the Gospel with students and developing passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.
2. Serving together with the church and inviting students into the lives of local congregations.
3. Giving students a vision for serving Jesus Christ in their studies, jobs, communities, and families.
Our vision is to see a generation of college students transformed by the power of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, in partnership with the local church, reaching the world for the glory of God.
1. All things belong to God.
2. Jesus changes people’s lives.
3. We love college students.
4. We embrace God’s multiethnic kingdom.
5. Faithfulness is pursued together.
6. We celebrate life.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This senior leadership position provides vision, mentorship and management of CCO’s people by providing outstanding human resources solutions, intentional diversity, equity, and belonging strategies, culture stewardship, equipping programs for staff development and internal spiritual formation opportunities. A distinctive feature of the CCO is our partnership with the local church and our theological approach to ministry and discipleship which views the arc of scripture via Creation, Fall, Redemption, and Restoration. With this model and theological approach the VP for People is tasked with developing innovative ways to serve and enrich CCO employees that allow them to not only fulfill the mission of the CCO, but also to thrive and flourish in ministry. The People team consists of staff passionate about staff services (human resources), talent acquisition, diversity, equity, belonging, internal communication, and spiritual formation. This position reports directly to the CEO, will have interaction with the Board of Directors, and serves as a contributing member of the organization’s Executive Leadership team.
People & Culture
- Lead the organization's human resource function.
- Translate strategic and tactical ministry plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development, and retention of the CCO’s people.
- Continually evaluate and provide dynamic and proactive compensation, evaluation, and benefits programs to provide motivation for effective performance.
- Provide effective HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) solutions that streamline workflows, ensure effective data management, and provide a great experience for staff.
- Oversee performance management and leadership planning.
- Oversee talent assessment and management.
- Lead the design and implementation of process changes that facilitate a culture that cultivates the success of the CCO.
- Direct and deliver programs and central initiatives that support a diverse culture which is built on the CCO’s mission and core values, continuous learning, accountability, and visibility.
- Act as champion and steward of the CCO culture, helping the team understand and live core values through effective programs that promote morale while achieving organizational and missional goals.
- Collaborate with the Training department to provide complaint Human Resources training to all staff.
- Provide executive mentorship to the Multi-ethnic Ministry team to create and implement effective diversity and belonging strategies, including recruitment, performance management, leadership development, employee engagement and retention.
- Oversee development and monitoring of metrics for measuring the efficiency of diversity initiatives.
- Drive, champion, and support diversity programs in partnership with the MEM team and various stakeholders across CCO.
- Supervise the development of strategic actions to attract/develop/retain diverse talent by analyzing and communicating talent demographics, monitoring data trends and developing diversity initiatives.
- Work with senior executives to advise on recruiting tactics that will help to sustain the organization’s success.
- Support and guide the Talent Acquisition team in their efforts to build a robust talent acquisition process, pipeline, and in securing top talent for CCO’s mission.
- Oversee employee onboarding.
- Align staff learning and development offerings and opportunities to achieve organizational objectives.
- Oversee the design and delivery of staff care programs.
- Work in partnership with the Campus Ministry Training team to provide for the ongoing development, management, assessment and expansion of programs and services that promote spiritual formation of the CCO staff that supports their spiritual health and growth, ensures their ability to deliver on the mission and thrive in their roles.
- Oversee the creation and standing up of an Internal Communications team.
- Support the collaboration between the Marketing & Communications and the Internal Communications teams.
- Lead in the development of diverse communication channels, e.g. intranet, social media, print, digital screens, email as the appropriate means for communicating with staff depending on the nature and context of different communications.
- Provide leadership mentorship of the communications team in providing clear and effective internal communication in response to crisis or emergency situations to reassure and guide staff.
- Provide guidance to senior management on the manner in which messages and key themes are communicated to ensure consistency and clarity.
Proven Strategic & Organizational Leadership
- Servant leadership.
- Active walk with Jesus in demonstrative ways which act as a model to team members, including regular practice of spiritual disciplines and frequent prayer.
- Past experience leading the HR function for a comparable organization or department.
- Development, oversight, and execution of an annual departmental plan and budget.
- Supervision of direct reports, including performance and assessment, short and long-term strategic planning and objectives, budget administration, and personnel management.
- Departmental leadership in implementing relevant and engaging events and initiatives in a manner that encourages people from diverse traditions, cultures, and perspectives.
- Exceed 100% of support raising ministry goals.
- Ensures departmental collaboration and supports a matrix management approach.
- Previous experience acting as trusted advisor for CEOs/Boards.
REQUIRED SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in Human Resources, including talent planning, HR compliance, organization culture and staff development
- 10+ years’ of leadership (people and organization) experience
- 5+ years’ experience in nonprofit/ministry
Skills & Capabilities
- Proven experience in budgeting and strategic planning.
- Organizational development/change management skills.
- Deep knowledge of HR functions (talent management, compensation, rewards and recognition, etc.).
- Deep knowledge of Organizational Development; Diversity, Equity, and Belonging; and Culture-building strategies and practices.
- Solid knowledge of federal and local labor regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Demonstrated success exercising sensitivity to diversity.
- Wisdom in navigating relationships within a Christian community.
- Proven ability to establish relationships with internal stakeholders.
- A self-directed leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who is excited to scale our team and organization.
- An excellent project coordinator with a proven ability to design and implement people operations strategies that drive business results.
- A natural coach and mentor with an ability to foster relationships with all levels of the team, to relate well with others, to listen effectively, and to help employees at all levels achieve their development goals.
- A solid communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- A highly ethical individual with unquestioned integrity and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address sensitive HR and business issues with complete discretion and confidentiality.
- A data driven decision-maker with the ability to advocate for investments in people operations strategies from a return on investment perspective.
- A highly curious individual with a growth attitude.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Must be able to travel approximately 30% travel, as needed (post-COVID).
- Cultivate growth through regular worship in a local church, prayer, Scripture study, and other spiritual disciplines.
- Displays personal conduct consistent with CCO Statement of Faith, Core Values and the CCO employee handbook.
- Master’s Degree in Business (MBA), Organizational Development, or Human Resources
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification
- 15+ years’ experience in Human Resources, including talent planning, HR compliance, organization culture and staff development
- 15+ years’ of leadership (people and organization) experience
- 10+ years’ experience in nonprofit/ministry
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Apply today by clicking here!