About the job
Our mission is transforming college students to transform the world. We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with their entire lives by:
- Sharing the Gospel with students and developing passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Serving together with the church and inviting students into the lives of local congregations.
- Giving students a vision for serving Jesus Christ in their studies, jobs, communities, and families.
Our vision is to see a generation of college students transformed by the power of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, in partnership with the local church, reaching the world for the glory of God.
- All things belong to God.
- Jesus changes people’s lives.
- We love college students.
- We embrace God’s multi-ethnic kingdom.
- Faithfulness is pursued together.
- We celebrate life.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Lead the CCO’s marketing and communication efforts by developing a comprehensive strategic marketing and communication plan, supervise the marketing and communications team, and direct campaigns and messaging that
reflect Jesus to the world and build CCO brand loyalty in donors, partners, staff, and students.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive marketing strategies and communication plans to reach all CCO audiences such as donors, partners, staff, students.
- Manage brand and promote and maintain external brand awareness and consistency.
- Build trust and catalyze internal brand loyalty and assist departments and staff in implementing the brand in all aspects of ministry.
- Maintain CCO’s relationship with strategic national partners such as the marketing and communications roundtable.
- Provide strategic thought partnership to all development communications and campaigns.
- Collaborate closely with director of development to refine messaging and measurement of said communications.
- Develop CCO marketing strategy to identify and engage audiences, utilize effective metrics, and grow the CCO’s brand
- Guide or write copy for emails and campaigns.
- Manage web and social media presence.
Public Relations and Communications
- Manage relationship with PR firm to prepare, protect, and promote the CCO in all public relations efforts and crisis communications.
- Spearhead all communication projects and collaborate closely with internal communication needs with HR and internal communications position.
Support Organizational Events and Projects
- Provide consistent messaging and brand direction for all organizational wide donor, staff, and student events and conferences.
Other Projects & Duties Assigned
- Fulfill seasonal projects and other duties as assigned by VP for Advancement.
- Pray regularly and frequently for the ministry of the CCO.
- Exceed 100% of support raising ministry goals.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing & Communications, or similar.
- At least 7 years of professional experience, campus ministry experience preferred.
- Strong communications skills.
- Able to adapt to tight deadlines and maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
- Displays initiative.
- Effective team leader.
- Provides vision and direction to team.
- Able to execute work independently.
- Ability to engage a wide range of audiences, from college students to older donors.
- Proficient in Adobe creative cloud applications.
- Basic web design and HTML.
- Google applications.
- Nurture growth through regular worship in a local church, prayer, Scripture study, and other spiritual disciplines.
- Displays personal conduct consistent with CCO Statement of Faith, Core Values and the CCO employee handbook.
- Plan and pursue professional development opportunities approved by department lead.
- Demonstrates a passion for the Gospel, the church, and college students.
- Proactive in preparation and timely in response.
- Encourages the growth and development of others.
- Values excellence.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation for travel