About the job
Our mission is transforming college students to transform the world. We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with their entire lives by:
- Sharing the Gospel with students and developing passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Serving together with the church and inviting students into the lives of local congregations.
- Giving students a vision for serving Jesus Christ in their studies, jobs, communities, and families.
Our vision is to see a generation of college students transformed by the power of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, in partnership with the local church, reaching the world for the glory of God.
- All things belong to God.
- Jesus changes people’s lives.
- We love college students.
- We embrace God’s multi-ethnic kingdom.
- Faithfulness is pursued together.
- We celebrate life.
At the core of CCO ministry is the understanding that God works through the Church to fulfill His purposes in the world. This means the local church is the proper context for gathering, equipping, and sending students into a life-long Kingdom mission. Our Partnership model ensures the CCO and local church gather around a shared
vision, design a ministry strategy, and choose a Campus Ministry Staff person together who will help mobilize the church to reach students and develop them as future Christian leaders.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Catalyze Kingdom transformation at the local college or university by sharing the Gospel, inviting students into the life of the local church, and mobilizing the Christian community and churches to engage in ministry on campus. Develop deep collaboration between church/community members and students that promotes strong biblical discipleship, life long commitment to the Church, and the flourishing of Christ’s kingdom in their local context and all areas of life.
- Create and continually adapt a ministry plan vis a vis CCO’s Annual Ministry Plan and Campus Ministry Playbook.
- Ensure a consistent and visible presence of the local church on campus in meeting with students and through regular participation in collegiate activities.
- Collect and maintain student contact information and follow up and invite students to ministry opportunities.
- Plan and facilitate gatherings of students on campus throughout the week that include prayer, teaching, evangelism, leadership development, and applying Scriptures to life in college and beyond.
- Invite students regularly to the weekly gathering of the church, recruit students to attend CCO’s jubilee conference and other transformative opportunities.
- Establish a healthy relationship with the university that honors the guidelines of the university for outside organizations and contributes toward sustainable campus access for the CCO at local college or university.
- Partnership specific duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Effectively and consistently communicate the vision and progress of college ministry within the church.
- Connect students into discipleship opportunities and relationships within the church body.
- Invite and equip congregants to provide hospitality, mentorship, and discipleship of college students with the aim of sending them out as leaders to their spheres of influence.
- Contribute to the overarching goals and efforts of the entire church by being an active part of the staff team and maintaining a servant-leadership mentality in all aspects of ministry.
1. All things belong to God.
2. Jesus changes people’s lives.
3. We love college students.
4. We embrace God’s multiethnic kingdom.
5. Faithfulness is pursued together.
6. We celebrate life.
- Other partnership specific duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Develop and mobilize student leaders to co-labor in the on campus fellowship, evangelism, and Bible studies.
- Disciple and mobilize leaders among students at the local campus and the local church to faithfully live out their faith in service and evangelism.
Other partnership specific duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ministry Context & Partnership
- Attend regular church partner staff meetings.
- Other partnership specific duties and responsibilities.
Other Projects & Duties Assigned
- Participate in all required CCO Training.
- Report ministry outcomes through CCO Mid-Year Reflection and Annual Campus Stats documents.
- Pray regularly and frequently for the ministry of the CCO.
- Exceed 100% of support raising ministry goals.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree Required.
In a church ministry setting or in direct ministry to college students required
- Collaborates with teams.
- Manages competing priorities and tasks in a timely manner.
- Displays initiative and can work independently.
- Ability to engage a wide range of audiences.
Nurture growth through regular worship in a local church, prayer, Scripture study, and other spiritual disciplines.
Displays personal conduct consistent with CCO Statement of Faith, Core Values and the CCO employee handbook.
Plan and pursue professional development opportunities approved by department lead.
- Maturity to be a pastoral presence in the lives of college students.
- Demonstrates a passion for the Gospel, the church, and college students.
- Proactive in preparation and timely in response.
- Encourages the growth and development of others.
- Values excellence.
Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation for travel. (if applicable to position)