About the job
Adjunct Faculty (Remote)
Theology, Biblical Studies, Church History, Pastoral Studies
Carey Theological College invites applications for Adjunct Faculty positions in the areas of Theology, Biblical Studies, Church History, and Pastoral Studies from September 1, 2022, for up to a two-term appointment to teach graduate-level courses online.
Carey Theological College is not your normal everyday seminary. We're making strides to change the way the most promising ministry leaders and pastors worldwide learn theological education free from financial and geographic barriers. You'll be leading our students to discover a deeper sense of who they are in Christ and prepare them to plant new churches, to revive dying ones, to expand life-changing ministries around the world but most importantly, to make disciples. We're looking for creative adjunct faculty members who will push the boundaries of education and raise the bar for student formation. If this excites you, we would love to hear from you.
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Carey Theological College is an Affiliate College of the University of British Columbia. Carey offers graduate-level theological education for pastors, missionaries, and other Christian workers, primarily through our Master of Divinity and Doctor of Ministry degrees. Over the last twenty years, Carey has developed a robust global curriculum delivered online and supported by a contextual mentorship program. Carey Theological College is an accredited evangelical seminary rooted in the Baptist tradition. Further information about Carey can be found at https://carey-edu.ca/
Applicants must have a relevant doctorate or be in the thesis writing stage of a doctoral studies program and must demonstrate a commitment to graduate theological education, a heart for student formation, and competence in online teaching, student supervision, and mentorship. Applicants with competence in a secondary discipline will be given priority consideration. Basic qualifications include:
- Superior communication skills in written and spoken English and/or Cantonese and Mandarin
- Online teaching training or experience
- Christian and cross-cultural preaching experience
- A Christian life deeply connected to a local congregation and agreeable to the Canadian Baptist Statement of Faith and specific beliefs (https://cbwc.ca/about/) and (https://cbwc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/CBWC-Baptist-beliefs2019.pdf)
Compensation for a ten-week course in one term for at least 11 students is CAD$4500. Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com. If interested, please submit your application with the following via https://forms.gle/C3T2odczJTN8CrYD9.
- a cover letter including why you are interested in and how you can contribute to the educational vision of Carey Theological College
- a current curriculum vitae (please include ministry and/or pastoral and work experiences, courses taught, courses you are able to teach, and areas of research interest.)
- a course syllabus sample of your previously taught course or a course you would like to teach
- a 5-minute video presentation, in English, briefly introducing yourself and why you would like to teach at Carey