About the job
Founded in 1945, Cannon Beach Conference Center has grown from humble beginnings to its place as one of the premier Christian retreat and conference centers on the West Coast. With a full-time staff of more than sixty, CBCC is committed to providing a friendly, comfortable atmosphere where visitors can find refreshment and renewal.
CBCC is located on the spectacular north Oregon coast, 75 miles northwest of Portland in the beautiful resort town of Cannon Beach, consistently named one of the top ten beaches in the nation. In addition to its beautiful scenery, CBCC offers an exciting year-round program of family and adult conferences, programs, and retreat groups!
CBCC is a member of Christian Camp and Conference Association and the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.
The Maintenance Team Manager is a key member in ensuring the finest experiences for both guests and fellow employees at CBCC. This individual oversees all aspects of maintenance and building projects on site, thus providing a comfortable and hospitable environment to all. Additionally, this person supervises, guides, and develops the existing maintenance team in accomplishing all necessary tasks with excellence.
- Oversee the ongoing repair, upkeep, and painting of conference owned buildings, vehicles, equipment, furniture, and fixtures.
- Hire, train and oversee department staff, as well as review performance and disciplinary issues, make firing recommendations and position changes, in coordination with the human resources manager and executive director.
- Plan and oversee remodeling and construction projects, including obtaining the required permits, scheduling maintenance staff, coordinating sub-contractors, purchasing supplies, and communicating with other departments.
- Prioritize and assign projects and repairs.
- Respond to emergencies in the department.
- Manage all operations of the department including budget, financial, administrative, and establishing policies and procedures.
- Work with volunteer coordinator to integrate use of volunteers in maintenance and grounds departments.
- Attend and participate in weekly management, department, and staff meetings.
- Work with other supervisors and the management team in the planning and developing of conference policies and procedures.
- Assist the executive director in the spiritual leadership and general oversight of CBCC.
- Oversee and improve conference keys and locks.
- Oversee security and safety for our guests and staff.
- Oversee grounds department and grounds supervisor.
- Oversee safety compliance within maintenance department.
- Insure compliance with safety and building codes.
- Oversee maintenance personnel safety training and retraining.
- Function as the Department Evacuation Coordinator (DEC) in the event of a tsunami evacuation, and serve as 3rd backup to the Emergency Evacuation Coordinator (EEC).
- A Christian in agreement with CBCC’s statement of faith
- A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a consistent Christian testimony
- Previous construction or remodeling experience
- Previous supervisory experience with ability to manage multiple projects
- Good people skills
- Gives instruction well / receives instruction well
- Computer skills within Microsoft Windows & Office environment
- Working knowledge of applicable building codes, OSHA and other governmental regulations
- Balance of “big picture” thinking with eye for detail
- Optional skills desired:
- Basic drafting
- Appliance or HVAC repair experience
- Auto mechanic
- Locksmith experience
Salary + Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Option for free housing on-site or housing stipend