About the job
English Ministry Pastor
Do you have a passion for God’s people? Are you ready to take your experience and calling to build, foster and grow God’s church? We have a unique full-time opportunity at Canaan for a person with vision, passion and love for seeing the church grow.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will shepherd and care for our congregation by providing pastoral care and counseling and nurture your relationship with our congregation through visiting fellowships, families and individuals.
- Set and promote a vision for the growth and revival of our English Ministry.
- You will lead our English Leadership Team comprised of elders and deacons and encourage them to journey with you on achieving the English Ministry vision. Advise and help our English Leadership Team plan ministry programs.
- You are a connector, able to cross perceived cultural boundaries between 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation Asian Americans and bridge the gap between them through the teachings of the Bible.
- Encourage our congregation to live a meaningful and impactful life rooted in God’s word.
- Disciple individuals and staff members.
- Preside over special occasions such as whole-church services, baptisms, weddings and memorials.
It’s essential that you have:
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in English required.
- A heart for evangelism and missions.
- A vision for God’s church.
- Strengths in leadership, administration and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and desire to disciple, train, and encourage your sheep.
Your background and experience:
- Called by God, with a gift and passion for shepherding young adults and families.
- Degree in Master of Divinity from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five years experience in pastoral ministry, preferably in an English ministry, in North America.
Time Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hrs/wk) exempt staff position, requiring flexibility to meet programmatic and seasonal needs. The English Ministry Pastor (and his/her spouse if married) is expected to take an active role in the life of Canaan and fully participate in all church functions.
Relocation assistance is provided.
Please apply by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2021
Canaan Taiwanese Christian Church
4405 Fortran Ct.
San Jose, CA 95134