Pastor at Calvary Memorial Church
About the job
Calvary Memorial Church (Racine, WI) - Senior Pastor
The Big Picture
Calvary Memorial church (cmcracine.org) is a faithful congregation of 200 (pre-covid) seeking a full-time Senior Pastor who will preach the Word of God, graciously shepherd the congregation, and provide godly leadership.
The Calvary Memorial Church had its beginning in the early 1900’s in a small chapel on Lindermann Avenue. In the Fall of 1915, a series of evangelistic meetings led to the formation of the congregation, then known as the Gospel Tabernacle. From the outset, the church has been an independent, non-denominational church, consistently emphasizing the sufficiency of the Bible as the Word of God; the need for believers in Jesus Christ to grow in their faith; to fellowship and worship together; and to share the Gospel with others.
As we search for the man God has already chosen to be the next Senior Pastor of Calvary Memorial Church, the Leadership Team has been led by the Holy Spirit to seek a man who demonstrates many of the following attributes. Recognizing that no man is perfected in his Christian walk, we seek a man who is living for Christ and growing in pursuit of the traits as listed below.
1. He and his family sense a calling from God to serve as Senior Pastor at Calvary Memorial Church (John 10:2-4 and 14-16)
2. He is a mature believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (Ephesians 4:14-16; Philippians 3:12-15; II Peter 1:3-9; I Timothy 3:1-7)
3. He has experienced a believer’s baptism by immersion (Matthew 3:16; Acts 8:36-39)
4. He must be ordained, or willing to be ordained.
5. He satisfies the requirements and demonstrates the core beliefs reflected in the CMC Statement of Faith and Bylaws.
6. He exhibits the fruit of the spirit in all aspects of his life (Galatians 5:22-23; Colossians 3:12-14; Titus 1:7-8)
7. His preaching (proclaiming the Word of God and compelling listeners with the truth of Scripture) and teaching (explaining the truth in Scripture and helping apply God’s Word to daily life) are biblically grounded and centered (II Timothy 3:16-17; Titus 1:9)
8. He exhibits proven spiritual leadership (Philippians 2)
9. He regularly practices core spiritual disciplines (Philippians 4:6-8; Ephesians 3:16-19)
10. He exhibits proven organizational leadership (I Peter 5:1-3)
11. He is an experienced ministry leader (Philippians 2:19-24; I Timothy 4)
12. He leads his family in accordance with Scripture (I Timothy 3:4-5; Titus 1:6)
13. He understands biblical manhood, womanhood and parenthood and applies these concepts to his life, family, and ministry (Proverbs 31:10-31; Ephesians 5:22-23; 6:1-4;I Peter 3:7)
14. He should be qualified by biblical/theological education.