Kids Ministry Director at Calvary Community Church
Manteca, CA 95336
About the job
Calvary Community Church, Manteca, CA
Calvary Kids Ministry Director – Full-Time
About Calvary Community Church, Manteca, Ca
Calvary is a growing, non-denominational church in a city that is rapidly growing and within a 1-2 hour drive to Sacramento, San Francisco, the beach, and Yosemite National Park. We are a church of 700 – 800 whose mission is to “help people find and follow Jesus.” Our worship style is “come as you are” with contemporary with practical teaching from the Bible. We are a diverse group of people who grow as disciples in small groups and serve our community with passion. We regularly see people trust Jesus as Savior and look forward to connecting our growing city with the love of Jesus!
To lead, develop and grow the Calvary Kids Ministry, birth to 5th grade, in ministry to children, volunteers and parents.
* Model a personal and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
* Support the mission, values, and statement of faith, including all policies and procedures of Calvary.
* Support the Lead Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission, core values and vision. Carry out ministry assignments as requested.
* Be a team player and a collaborative team member on the church staff.
* Attends meetings in relation to job responsibilities.
* Oversee the Kids Ministry for our two Sunday morning services and mid-week AWANA program.
* Oversee summer Bible Day Camp (traditional VBS program with options of soccer, crafts or drama electives)
* Develop summer camp options for kids 4 – 5 grades.
* Work with child dedications and those children ready for baptism.
* Help improve and develop our new 4-5 grade “High Voltage” ministry
* Hiring, recruiting, training and guiding paid and volunteer staff
* Overseeing selection and implementation of curriculum
* Ministering to the needs of parents and their children.
* Managing all safety and security procedures.
* Managing communications, social media and publicity for Kids Ministry
* Responsible for Kids Ministry budget and financial oversight.
* Interacts as a colleague with church preschool director.
* Mature and growing follower of Jesus with a strong passion for Kids Ministries.
* Outgoing, friendly, highly relational “people person” with a genuine faith that people gravitate towards. Humble, teachable spirit with high emotional intelligence.
* Strong desire and ability to grow a Kids Ministry.
* Strong servant-leadership, administration and communication skills.
* Previous children’s ministry experience within the local church preferred, with teaching and leadership responsibilities.
* Self-motivated equipper, trainer, recruiter and builder of teams and groups.
* Proficient with online modes of communication including social media platforms.
* Bachelor’s degree preferred, but others considered as well, depending on experience.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE EMAIL THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO:
· Cover letter
· Philosophy of Ministry
· Current Photo