About the job
We dream of a day when every young person in California’s Central Valley knows and takes the Good News of Jesus to their family, school and neighborhood. Are you passionate about raising up the next generation of committed Jesus-followers and equipping them to be disciple-makers, not just when they “grow up”, but right now?
Calvary Church is an innovative and growing church in Stockton and the Central Valley with a mission to help people find their way back to God and stay centered in Jesus through discipleship, community, and mission.
We’re actively searching for the person with an energetic and entrepreneurial spirit who understands the critical need to bring God’s Kingdom to every family in Stockton.
You’re the right person for this ministry if…
… you see the bigger picture of how God is equipping and raising up kids to reach parents, siblings, teachers, and friends with Jesus’ love
… you can think outside the box and go beyond Sunday programs to get to the core of Biblical discipleship
… you are passionate about equipping kids and families to live out their faith
… you see yourself as a missionary with a calling to reach families
… you are willing to take risks and not afraid to fail
· Champion the mission to see every family EQUIPPED to know who Jesus is and follow what Jesus says, ENGAGED by representing Jesus wherever they go and ENCOURAGED to help others around them and tell others what Jesus has done.
· Implement a comprehensive discipleship strategy for families
· Raise up and equip a team of Calvary Kids leaders who will invest and disciple families and children
· Create a set of children’s resources for church planters across our area
· Curate bible-based curriculum to be used in Sunday services, in children’s small groups, and at home with families
· Lead and cast vision for our Calvary Kids Sunday services
· Design, implement and lead missional events and programs for families (Vacation Bible School, Messy Church, backyard clubs, tutoring)
· Collaborate with our neighborhood partner, Madison Elementary, and act as a chaplain for the school
· Develop new partnerships across our area for Kingdom work
· Commitment and passion for Calvary’s 10 DNA statements (www.calvarystockton.church/about-us)
· A committed Jesus-follower in alignment with Calvary’s vision and mission
· Models a Jesus-centered life and actively involved in both being discipled and discipling others
· Demonstrated leadership in children or family ministry
· Can conceptualize your work as vocational calling and ministry
· The ability to work in a fast-paced and creative environment
· Teachable and willing to take direction
· Strong time management skills
· Ability to multi-task effectively with an attention to detail
· Flexible, enthusiastic, self-starter, proactive, attention to detail
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please address the following questions in your cover letter:
· What would make you the ideal candidate for this ministry?
· Which DNA statements about Calvary most interest you and why?
· What do your current discipling relationships look like?
Who are we?
Calvary Church is a multiplying church in the heart of Stockton’s Country Club neighborhood. We're a diverse, multi-generational community where everyone is welcome. We exist to help people find their way back to God and to reach our local community with the love of Jesus, while helping people to stay centered in Jesus through community, discipleship and mission. Read more about us, our vision, mission and values at www.calvarystockton.church.
About Our Home
Make an impact for God’s Kingdom in America’s most diverse city.* Stockton, California is one of the largest cities in California’s central valley and there is a desperate need to make disciples who make disciples by sharing the love of Jesus:
· 320,000 people, but less than 7% are evangelical Christians
· More churches have closed than been planted for almost two decades in Stockton
· If every believer at Calvary made one disciple per year, we would reach Stockton in less than one decade
Come and be a part of changing the tide in Stockton by equipping young people and fulfilling God’s promise for salvation and new life in Jesus for everyone who believes.
*According to US News and World Report, Special Report 2020
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1679