About the job
Calvary by the Sea Lutheran Church, is a faith community pursuing holy opportunities: prioritizing young people, seeking racial unity, offering LGBTQ friendliness and gladly receiving ecumenical partners, particularly those still exploring faith. We welcome ALL people and celebrate God’s diversity of humanity. Moreover, our oceanfront sanctuary blesses many locally and globally. We are home to one of the largest food banks in O’ahu (Angel Network Charities) and serve the community’s children through our Montessori School. For more about us, please visit us at www.calvarybythesea.org
CBTS seeks an Adventure Coordinator to lead our high school youth program. Adventure is our High School group and we are seeking an individual who values the hearts of those in 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grades and has a passion to see their faith grow towards Christ and the local church!
Adventure meets on Wednesdays evenings from 5:30pm – 7:00pm and would like to provide an additional gathering on Sunday mornings from 10:30 – 11:15am. The Adventure Coordinator will seek to foster Christian community through building relationships with young people and their parents, consistently inviting students and parents to join Adventure. This individual will be responsible for directing, leading and designing junior high programs and gatherings that promote community, fellowship, fun and faith.
· Provide leadership for and function as the primary staff person relating to High School Student Ministries
· Oversee the recruitment and training of adult volunteers to work with High School age groups
· Plan and implement age-appropriate activities for High School age youth that promote community through fellowship, fun and faith development. Such activities might include musicals and dramatic presentations, small group Bible study, retreats, beach outings, hikes, and service projects
· Work in close collaboration and unity with the Discovery Coordinator, our Jr. High Student Ministries in ministry overlap, preparation of an annual budget, special youth trips and outings
· Be a part of the Sunday worshiping community of Calvary by the Sea Lutheran Church participating in readings, prayers and liturgy as needed
· Attend regular Staff meetings, Student Ministries meetings, and any other meetings as requested by the Senior Pastor
· Be in compliance of our safety policies and confirm that all adults working with Adventure have submitted background checks. Creating student and parent volunteer forms, permission slips, consent forms etc…
· Keep the congregation and parents informed of Adventure events by coordinating the publicity for activities through the appropriate vehicles provided by the church. (e.g. newsletter, special mailings, posters, bulletin announcements, web page, etc.)
· Provide monthly reports for the Congregational Council and a year-end report for the congregation
· Keep administrative records/receipts needed to provide Adventure ministry
· Maintain some regularly schedule office hours to be accessible to students, parents, staff and church leadership
· Notify staff prior to all unforeseen and untimely absences from regularly scheduled events and provide a suitable substitute in the case of anticipated absence
· Ability to be a role model, Christian leader and example for young people
· Must have genuine love for God and the local church
· Some understandings of the Lutheran Christian tradition
· Strong desire to nurture young people in the Christian faith
· Individual who generates new ideas, programs and values a team concept of ministry
· Experience with Youth Ministry
· The ability to work with youth and adults
· Good organizational skills
This position will report directly to the Senior Pastor.
Current position is a part-time position at 10 to 15 hours per week, with the goal to increase hours as Adventure program evolves. Hourly rate of pay commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Send resume and contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org