About the job
Calabash Covenant Presbyterian Church (CCPC) which is an Evangelical Order of Presbyterians (ECO) is prayerfully seeking a Senior Pastor "to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the Body of Christ.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Embrace without reservations the ECO Essential Tenets and Confessional Standards.
2. Exemplify the ECO leadership Competencies.
3. Demonstrate vision and enthusiasm to make disciples of Jesus Christ and increase missional activities and services to the community in accordance with the current CCPC Strategic Vision Plan.
4. Plan and conduct worship services; prepare and deliver sermons.
5. Inspire and encourage the Church in caring ministry to the people in the church and in the community at large.
6. Provide counseling sessions, perform wedding ceremonies according to the ECO Polity and the Session Building Use approval and officiate memorial services.
7. The Pastor is the Head of Staff. The Pastor/Head of Staff will work in collaboration with Session Elders to determine the staffing structure and which positions to create, but the Pastor is the head of staff and has the responsibility to hire, review, set goals and terminate.
8. The Pastor as head of staff, will lead the team to execute the current Strategic Vision by hiring, reviewing, setting goals, and termination of both paid and volunteer staff. Volunteer staff include the Commissioned Lay Pastors (CLP's) and those volunteers who have a great level of responsibility and accountability.
9. Support Elders, Deacons, and Ministry Team Chairs.
10. Represent the Church as appropriate at ECO gatherings and other such meetings.
11. Keep Covenant Partners informed of issues, action items, and matters of interest.
12. Maintain computer skills to support correspondence, information research, and preparation of sermons.
13. Complete administrative tasks and reporting according to schedule.
A Church Information Form (CIF) with information on the Church will be sent upon request.