About the job
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Non-exempt
LOCATION: Episcopal Office/California-Pacific Conference Center
THE MISSION OF THE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH IS:
“To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.”
THE VISION OF THE CALIFORNIA-PACIFIC ANNUAL CONFERENCE IS:
“To be the cup overflowing with grace, compassion and justice.”
Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) to the Bishop, in consultation with the Resident Bishop
Supervision responsibility for: N/A
Accountability and scope:
Serves in the role of Episcopal Assistant in the Los Angeles Area Episcopal Office, working with and for the SEA and Resident Bishop. The position manages responsibilities for the Episcopal Office, the California-Pacific Conference, as well as the United Methodist Church.
Essential functions and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
– Executing administrative support in the role of an administrative assistant;
– Creating and managing financial responsibilities of the Episcopal Office, including multiple credit card reconciliations, and the financial database of General Council on Finance and Administration;
– Planning and facilitating meetings;
– Planning and facilitating internal and external events, summits, trainings, and/or workshops;
– Coordinating multiple calendars;
– Maintaining electronic files and records;
– Communicating with clergy and lay persons across the Conference and UMC;
– Creating and monitoring reports for the Conference;
– Managing travel logistics;
– Supporting the SEA and Resident Bishop on specific tasks and projects as assigned;
– Other duties as assigned
– Attend and work on behalf of the Episcopal Office at the California-Pacific Annual Conference held every June for 3 days. Location set with the conference.
The performance review is evaluated by the SEA, in consultation with the Resident Bishop.
Evaluation based on:
– Teamwork and decision-making habits consistent with Conference core values and expectations.
– Competencies that include those relating to logistical skills, database administration, organizing and coordinating various tasks and assignments, and strong communication.
– Progress toward and achievement of goals.
– Pro-active skills providing leadership in all tasks and responsibilities.
– Strong sense of confidentiality and integrity while handling sensitive information and communication.
– Respect for diversity, inclusion, and equity.
Skills included, but not limited to:
– Availability to participate in continuing education on an annual basis is expected.
– Collaborate with other staff and volunteers in the accomplishment of specific projects and annual or special events as directed.
– Accomplish this work under the direct supervision of the SEA and Resident Bishop.
– Make recommendations to improve the efficiency & effectiveness of this position.
– Fluent in speaking and writing English; Bi-lingual in Spanish highly recommended.
The activities and essential functions listed in this job description are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job, and may be subject to changes in the future.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to grasp, handle, or feel.
B. The employee is occasionally required to climb stairs, lift or carry up to 25 pounds of materials
C. Specific vision abilities required include ability to read a computer screen; communicate on a phone
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Office suite is 3 offices within a 2-story building.
– If telecommuting is elected for this position, a safe environment must be established in keeping with the guidelines of the Conference.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities, and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Proficient in Microsoft Suite
Experience in or knowledge of financial or data tracking such as Chrome River, Concur, Salesforce,
Formstack, Zoom, or similar platforms
Excellent administrative skills, or comparable
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Excellent time management and organizational skills
Excellent teamwork skills
Basic project management skills
General interest in the basic knowledge of The United Methodist Church polity and processes, as well as the organization and policies of the California-Pacific Annual Conference.
High School Diploma
Some college or technical training preferred
Continued education or training, a plus
3-5 years work experience in administration or project management
In order to apply for this position, please email your completed Cal-Pac Job Application with your resume and three references to [email protected] . Also, please include on the subject line “Episcopal Assistant” and your name
CAL-PAC CONFERENCE OF THE UMC
P.O. Box 6006
Pasadena, California 91102
Rosa E Garcia