About the job
BURBANK FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
700 N Glenoaks Bl, Burbank, CA 91502
Position Title: Director of Outreach Status: Part-time non-exempt
Reports To: Burbank First UMC (Burbank First) Senior Pastor (Pastor)
Ministry Overview & Principles
Burbank First is committed to serving and partnering with students and families so that our overall community experiences wholeness of life together. The Director of Outreach will strengthen programs and partnerships in our community by focusing on student/family-centric groups in our neighborhood – e.g.. Burbank First UMC Preschool, Burbank High School. Additionally, the Director of Outreach will oversee and direct the digital communication system of Burbank First.
· Collaborate with the Pastor and various teams to build existing programs and create new avenues for church priorities
· Build partnership with Burbank First UMC Preschool
· Build partnership with Burbank High School
· Oversee and direct communications of Burbank First including the coordination of a monthly newsletter and social media accounts.
· Deliver the Sunday message 2-4 Sundays annually
· Other duties related to community outreach and communication as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
Mature Christian with a strong personal faith
· Commitment to the mission and vision of Burbank First UMC
· Ability to work with the younger generation (Preschool - High School)
· Ability to handle modern technological channels of communication
· Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing
Hours and Compensation
· $28 per hour; Sunday mornings, plus mid-week meetings, and other community events according to need and availability
· 28 to 32 hours per week
Please include a short note about your interest in this position in the body of your email. A copy of your resume in Word format is preferred. On the subject line please say “Director of Outreach – Burbank First UMC” and email to email@example.com.