Director of Connections at Bonhomme Presbyterian Church
About the job
Bonhomme Presbyterian Church
Director of Connections
The Director of Connections will oversee the connection and next-steps strategy of Bonhomme. They will lead guests from moments of first connection (possibly online) to belonging, serving, and involvement at Bonhomme by meeting people where they are and connecting them with others who can help them take next steps. The Director of Connections will facilitate relational connection and involvement of adults through weekend guest services, groups, volunteer teams, and connections with Bonhomme’s membership process.
The Director of Connections will be driven towards excellence and have a clear passion for seeing people take the next steps in their journey with Jesus. They will be a motivated self-starter with proven leadership and team-building skills. Being a team player who loves collaboration is a must.
Bonhomme has restructured to prioritize those who are not a part of our faith community. Part of the restructure has involved a new role for the board of Deacons. The Deacons will work alongside the Director of Connections, in partnership with guest ministries, staff leadership, communications, and community care. Together this team will create energy and focus on those who are experiencing Bonhomme for the first time, along with those who have drifted away from the congregation. The goal is to help all make meaningful connections and relationships within the congregation.
The Director of Connections is tasked with creating a welcoming and exciting “front door” experience for everyone who attends a weekend service at Bonhomme (but especially our guests). The Director of Connections will also address the “side door” issues that might cause guests or members (we call them Covenant Partners) to drift away from the congregation. The right candidate will have a passion for each person to find their place at Bonhomme and to experience intentional spiritual growth through community.
· Maintain process to ensure follow up with new guests both online and in person, including those attending special events as well as worship services.
· Be the guest experience guru from parking lot to the Worship/teaching venues.
· Partner with staff in creation of new member classes.
· Work with adult discipleship staff to connect people to small groups, Bible Studies, the baptism process, new guest process, and maintain a close working relationship with the Lead Pastor and Executive Team.
· Assist new members and those with a longer history at Bonhomme in making connections in areas of the church including Sunday school classes, small groups, and service opportunities.
· Create a welcoming and engaging experience for guests as well as church members.
· Plan guest events including getting-to-know-you times and new member orientations.
· Help guests, new Covenant Partners, and long-time attendees to connect with church ministries.
· Work with the Deacons to offer regular opportunities for Spiritual Gift assessments and interest surveys.
· Work with staff leaders to develop easily accessible service opportunities and training for all.
· Equip, supervise, and empower various “welcome teams” including hospitality/connections, greeters, ushers, security team, info table, etc.
· Develop, lead, and train hospitality teams to support all events, classes, and services.
· Model a personal and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
· Support the mission, values and vision, including all policies and procedures at Bonhomme and our denomination, the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO).
· Support the Lead Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission, core values and vision. Carry out ministry assignments as requested.
· Be a team player and a collaborative team member on the church staff.
· Attend meetings in relation to job responsibilities.
Important Qualities for the Director of Connections:
· Present on Sundays to help guide our Connections ministry.
· Ability to recruit, train, and inspire volunteers.
· Strong servant-leader who has a humble, teachable spirit with high emotional intelligence.
· Relates to others easily and can develop relationships quickly.
· Heart to develop people and help them take next steps.
· Effective oral and written communication.
· Proficient with online modes of communication including social media platforms and database features.
· Self-motivated equipper, trainer, recruiter, and builder of teams and groups.
· Administrative skills and attention to detail.
· Mature and growing follower of Jesus with a strong passion to invite others into connection and community within the local church, its people, and its ministries.
· Previous ministry experience within the local church with leadership responsibilities.
· Bachelor’s degree in ministry or related field.
Please submit resume to Dave Moore at: email@example.com using “Director of Connections” in the subject line.
Bonhomme website: https://bonpres.org