Student Ministry Apprentice at BlueSky Global Ministries
About the job
Length of Service: 10 Months (mid-August through mid-June)
The vision of BlueSky Global Ministries is to see the multinational community spiritually transformed and equipped to use their influence for God's glory. We pursue this by building relationships through adventure and do so through three core platforms: BlueSky Adventures (team building, climbing gym, and outdoor trips), Camp BlueSky, and BlueSky Community (year-round strategic relational ministry).
The student ministry apprentice’s primary role will be to work alongside BlueSky’s full-time Community staff to reach out to and disciple international students living in the Gigiri or Karen neighborhoods of Nairobi, Kenya. Gigiri is an extremely diverse area of Nairobi due to the presence of the United Nations, numerous embassies, and several international schools. Karen reflects similar demographics, particularly with multiple international and British system schools. Currently, BlueSky is the only ministry specifically aimed at reaching the international student community. This is a unique ministry, as these students (the sons and daughters of diplomats, military personnel, business and government leaders, and missionaries) are primed to become the national and world leaders of the future. There is a great need for them to know Christ and grow deeper in their faith! An apprentice will engage in and learn about ministry in a multicultural context while being part of an established team and mentored by BlueSky full-time staff members.
- Leading 2-3 weekly Covenant Groups (student Bible studies).
- Helping lead high school youth group each week.
- Helping lead middle school youth group each month (or more).
- Assisting with planning special student ministry retreats and events.
- Weekly relational ministry with students, such as attending games and performances, coaching a sports team (if needed/desired), leading a school club, and meeting with students outside of school.
- Assisting with student-related Camp BlueSky events.
- Serving as a counselor for the first two sessions of Camp BlueSky in June (case by case basis).
- Opportunities to serve alongside Adventures staff in the climbing gym, team building, or trip programs.
All BlueSky ministry staff raise full financial support to serve. Apprentice support budgets cover costs needed to live and minister with BlueSky, including round trip flights to and from Nairobi. BlueSky staff will assist an apprentice through the support raising process.
For more information or to apply, please submit the interest form below or contact Tammy Preston at email@example.com. If you know someone who may be interested, please put them in touch with Tammy as well. You can also explore the website further for a broader introduction to BlueSky’s ministry and vision.
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
You can view BlueSky Global Ministries COVID-19 Response here.
The leadership of BlueSky Global Ministries takes the health and safety of our full-time and seasonal team members and the community we serve very seriously, even as we seek ways to continue engaging in ministry. Apprentices will be required to take all the appropriate COVID-19 safety precautions as outlined by the CDC, government of Kenya, and field supervisor.