About the job
Blue Oaks Church was planted in 2012 with the mission and purpose of leading those in the community into Christ-centered living. Wherever people may be in their spiritual journey, the heart of this church is to see you experience the power of God’s love and grace, to grow in your faith through communities of small groups and to use your God-given skills and passions to meet the real needs of the people in the Tri-Valley and across the world.
Since those simple beginnings in 2012 the Lord has blessed the ministry of Blue Oaks in every way to a growing community of over 500. It is the goal of the staff to create an irresistible environment for churched and unchurched people alike where they love attending and feel welcomed as they are.
The Student Ministry Director is responsible for creating this irresistible environment and developing a sense of belonging and purpose for middle school and high school students. Our Student Ministry Director wins when the ministry engages the next generation so they grow deeper maturity in Christ and when each teen has a team of responsible and passionate Christ-following leaders investing in them and influencing them with the message of God’s story.
The Student Ministry Director is a part of our Family Ministry team which is responsible for creating and implementing our overall strategy for kids from birth through graduation. The position reports to the Family Ministry Director and will provide direction for the student ministry at large and specifically for developing a team of volunteer leaders to serve the middle school and high school students at Blue Oaks Church.
- Lead the team of volunteers that are part of the Student Ministry team.
- Create engaging experiences for teens that move forward the mission and vision of Blue Oaks.
- Develop a culture that promotes and provides for a personal connection for every student to one or more leaders.
- Resource speakers and Large Group leaders to craft the message of Jesus into engaging, relevant, and memorable experiences for teens.
- Resource Small Group Leaders to create safe environments for teens to find community and grow spiritually.
- Create and utilize communication systems that enable us to communicate with leaders and enable leaders to communicate with each other, parents, and with their groups.
- Ensure that physical spaces are setup and utilized well to accomplish our mission.
- Act as Team Leader of the weekly Student Ministry environments.
- Assist in planning, organizing and leading occasional Family ministry-specific events.
Preferred Qualifications and Attributes:
- Leader of Leaders - Able to develop and lead volunteer teams who in turn lead the ministry.
- Highly Organized - Able to troubleshoot, create processes and systems with a strong eye for detail.
- Highly Relational - Relates well with Volunteers, Students, and Parents.
- Public Speaker – Experience communicating to teens and adults.
- Creative and Resourceful - Able to make content and physical spaces come to life.
- Team Player - Thrives in a team environment and enjoys collaborating with others on projects.
- Flexibility – Able to adapt, take necessary risks with a team, and move at a fast pace.